Monday, August 14, 2017

Paper Princess | Review

28678119Title: Paper Princess
Author: Erin Watt
Release Date: April 4, 2016
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Purchased

From strip clubs, and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.
These Royals will ruin you...
Ella Harper is a survivor-a pragmatic optimist. She's spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she'll climb out of the gutter. And her mother's death, Ella is truly alone.
Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.
Reed doesn't want her. He says she doesn't belong with the Royals.
He might be right.
Wealth. Excess. Deception. It's like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she's going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she'll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.

 Now honestly, when I first saw this book, I expected it to be some royalty book and after writing this post I realize I should've read the freaking synopsis. Anyway, I had originally found out about this book from a YouTuber, I don't really remember who. But it was a trusted BookTuber that I avidly watch, so I thought why the hell not, I should give this book a try.

I was completely taken aback by this book. I don't want to go into too much detail, but basically every single review on Goodreads talks about what I had issues with. I don't feel the need to completely repeat myself. But at parts this book was utterly repulsive, yet I couldn't stop reading just because I wanted to know what was happening.

Give this book a read if you want, but I don't think you'd be missing out if you decided to skip out on this one.


2 comments:

  1. Ahw what a shame that it was not something you liked!

    I'm gonna skip this one as well :)
    Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was a really quick read for me! I personally enjoyed it, but I could definitely see some glaring issues...
    Hope you find a better book soon! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!