Monday, August 21, 2017

A Book For Alien Fans

Title: Zero Repeat Forever
Author: Gabrielle Prendergast
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: August 29, 2017
Source: Netgalley

He has no voice, or name, only a rank, Eighth. He doesn't know the details of the mission, only the directives that hum in his mind.
Dart the humans. Leave them where they fall.
His job is to protect his Offside. Let her do the shooting.
Until a human kills her...
Sixteen year-old Raven is at summer camp when the terrifying armored Nahx invade, annihilating entire cities, taking control of the Earth. Isolated in the wilderness, Raven and her friends have only a fragment of instruction from the human resistance.
Shelter in place.
Which seems like good advice at first. Stay put. Await rescue. Raven doesn't like feeling helpless but what choice does she have?
Then a Nahx kills her boyfriend.
Thrown together in a violent, unfamiliar world, Eighth and Raven should feel only hate and fear. But when Raven is injured, and Eighth deserts his unit, their survival comes to depend on trusting each other...

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!** 

what i liked 
  • This book reminds me a lot of The 5th Wave, yet it's still different. It has its own characters, its own faults, its own plot, its own story and cliffhangers. I absolutely ate it up.
  • The tenseness throughout the novel--I literally couldn't stop reading at some points and didn't want to believe other parts of the novel because of how much it affected me. 
  • I literally loved the characters. Eighth and Raven were great. I loved reading through both of their perspectives, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would definitely be Eighth. 
  • THIS WORLD. It's all messed up and interesting and I just loved it.
what i didn't like
  • The pacing felt extremely slow at times. I felt like it dragged on at parts and it took me a little bit to get interested in the book in the beginning. Other than that, I found no faults!!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this one too! Definitely reminded me of The 5th Wave and it did seem kinda slow at some points. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!