Thursday, May 25, 2017

Why You Must Read The Royal We

24384702Title: The Royal We
Author: Heather Cocks, Jessica Morgan
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Contemporary
Release Date: April 7, 2015
Source: Library
Edition: Kindle (464 pages)

In their first adult novel, authors Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan take on a story of romance and rivalries inspired by today's most talked-about royal couple: Will and Kate.
"If I'm Cinderella today, I dread who they'll think I am tomorrow. I guess it depends on what I do next."
American Rebecca Porter was never one for fairy-tales. Her twin sister Lacey was always the romantic, the one who daydreamed of being a princess. But it's adventure-seeking Bex who goes to Oxford and meets dreamy Nick across the hall-and thus Bex who accidentally finds herself in love with the eventual heir to the British throne. Nick is everything she could have imagined, but Prince Nicholas has unimaginable baggage: grasping friends, a thorny family, hysterical tabloids tracking his every move, and a public that expected its future king to marry a native. On the eve of the most talked-about wedding of the century, Bex reflects on what she's sacrificed for love--and exactly whose heart she may yet have to break.

 I had been on the waitlist for this book for so long at my library, and I was literally so ecstatic when I finally was off it! Needless to say, The Royal We was an amazing book and I literally want to read more books just like it.

-what i liked-
  • The entire book was about British royalty. It was a retelling of William and Kate! I mean, what's not to love about that??
  • BEX. She was such a stubborn character. Since I'm stubborn, I saw a lot of myself in her, and that made me love her as a protagonist even more. She also took no shit from anybody, which I found extremely respectable.
  • Nick was literally so dreamy. I want a Nick of my own. Please??
  • This book was told in parts over time. That made it seem like I was really growing up with these characters as they changed over time, which was a really interesting concept.
  • THE WRITING. I don't know what it was, but these two wonderful authors wrote with such poise yet had such lyrical words at the same time. I freaking loved it.

-what i didn't like-
  • Literally the only thing I didn't like was Lacey. She got on my nerves a lot, but I mean, she was supposed to!
-overall-
So if you're looking for a fun contemporary to read this summer that is waayyyy different than the classic YA contemporaries, try venturing into the world of adult literature and give The Royal We a try. It's filled with romance, family, and lifelong lessons that you'll never forget!

2 comments:

  1. You convinced me! I read a lot of contemporaries during the summer, and they tend to all bleed together. And plus, this is a retelling about William and Kate, which is just so cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Yes! This book was fantastic. Loved it to pieces.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!