Monday, February 13, 2017

Scarlet Was An Awesome Retelling

13206760Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #2

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison-even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to truth this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

Even though I didn't like Cinder as much the second time, I knew that I wanted to continue on with the series because the next book covered Red Riding Hood. I'm seriously so glad that I did.

what i liked
•RED RIDING HOOD RETELLING. What more can I say?
•The novel takes place in France for when the point of view is that of Scarlet. How awesome! I've been taking French for the longest time so I found that pretty awesome. Like this series is literally going all over the world and I can't wait to see where we go next in Cress.
•Wolf was so great. I really loved him. I found him to be a very interesting take on the big bad wolf from the classic story. I also really liked his romance with Scarlet. They were cute together and he was a bad boy which made it a little more interesting.
•For some reason, I thought that Scarlet would just have the point of view of her. However, it didn't. We were introduced to new characters and then we also got to read through the eyes of our good old friends, Kai and Cinder! LIKE HOW AWESOME IS THAT.
•Captain Thorne. He is legit my new love. I FREAKING LOVE HIM. He's the captain of the Rampion and he's American, though he's just so hilarious at times.

what i didn't like
•I honestly can't think of something I didn't like. THIS BOOK WAS FREAKING AMAZING. I just want to read Cress.

So, obviously this book was a five star read. The new addition of characters mixed with the awesomeness of the old characters led to an awesome book.


5 comments:

  1. I love this series! Scarlet is actually probably my least favourite of the four books, but I still loved it because all the books are so good! I'm so glad you're enjoying it so far - I loved the French setting in this one too. I really hope you like Cress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're liking the series so far! I hope you'll keep loving all the new characters that are brought into the gang. That's something I really love about this series; how the author incorporates all of the different POV's in each book into one grand scheme. And, of course, the retelling aspect is so awesome! I also love Little Red Riding Hood retellings (although they can be a little few and far between)! I hope you enjoy the rest of the series, Krystianna!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This review made me want to one click this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Winter, but Scarlet was probably my least fave of the books because I thought it was a little bit Instalove with those 2. But I do LOVE Thorne, so that was a fun part of the book for me-- and Cress is my least fave character, but I really loved that book, which is weird. Anyway, hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you loved Scarlet! I can't wait to hear what you think of Cress, based on some of the comments you made here ;)

    ~ Michelle @ FaerieFits

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!