Monday, January 23, 2017

You Should Read This Book Sometime

21822422Title: We Should Hang Out Sometime
Author: Josh Sundquist
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: December 23, 2014
Genre: Autobiography
Source: Purchased
Edition: Hardcover (336 pages)

A bright, poignant, and deeply funny autobiographical account of coming of age as an amputee cancer survivor, from Josh Sundquist: Paralympic ski racer, YouTube star, and motivational speaker.
Josh Sundquist only ever had one girlfriend.
For twenty-three hours.
In eighth grade.
Why was Josh still single? To find out, he tracked down the girl she had tried to date and asked them straight up: What went wrong?
The results of Josh's semiscientific, wholly hilarious investigation are captured here. From a disastrous Putt-Putt date involving a backward prosthetic foot, to his introduction to CFD (Close Fast Dancing), to a misguided "grand gesture" at a Miss America pageant, this story is about looking for love--or at least a girlfriend--in all the wrong places. 

After having We Should Hang Out Sometime on my shelf for what felt like forever, I finally picked it up during my first week at college! Yes, I understand that was awhile ago, but I'm finally gathering my thoughts to write the review now!

This story follows Josh's quest for love. He looks over all of his past incidents with girls and tries to figure out what exactly went wrong with all of them. He even uses drawings, graphs, and charts to help try to explain and figure out what had happened.

This novel was quite funny at times and I loved it to pieces. I loved hearing Josh's thoughts on everything that happened and also really liked how he looked at himself differently in the end. I usually don't read nonfiction books, but I can honestly say that I'm glad I picked this one up. It was one novel that you honestly won't forget!


9 comments:

  1. Ooh i hadn't heard of this book before this post but i'll have to check it out for sure now!

    xx Anisha (https://sprinkledpages.blogspot.com.au/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun! I like a good laugh-inducing book, especially an autobiography!
    Ali // thebandarblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one when I read it last year. Not my usual read but it was so much fun! And very heart-warming as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read Love and First Sight (it was awesome!), and I was curious about Sundquist's previous work. I am really happy to hear you liked it, because I really enjoyed his writing and am looking forward to reading this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't typically read a lot of non-fiction, either, but this does look really good. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds like so much fun! I'm going to check my library for it.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read mostly history related nonfiction but I think I'd be into this book. I'm glad there's some humor in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been getting into non-fiction recently so I'll have to check this one out!!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not put this book down. It was charming and witty and flowed so seamlessly. As I was reading, I felt like I was listening to a friend tell me a story, which is truly one of the best qualities a book can have. I've never written a review on amazon but if you need an uplifting little escape or just something to read, you should definitely read this book.

    Hyacinth
    website

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!