Friday, January 27, 2017

The Elite Was A Pretty Great Sequel

16248068Title: The Elite
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection #2
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Edition: ebook


The Selection began with thirty-five girls. Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever-and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?
America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want-and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.




**This review contains spoilers.**

So, after finishing The Selection, I immediately put myself on the wait list for The Elite at my local library. I'm so glad that I did, because I liked this book just as much as The Selection. This book starts right where the first book left off. There are now six elite, and of course America is one of them. However, she still isn't sure if she actually wants to be with Maxon.

what i liked

I felt like America really grew as a character in this book. I mean sure, she changed a lot in the first book, but she was always so iffy in this book. She finally started coming into her own in this book, like in her philanthropy project that was in the end. 
•About that, I really liked that America went out of her way to make a huge bang with he philanthropy project. The caste system is a huge issue in her country, so I thought it was pretty cool that she tried to make a huge raucous by choosing to address that in her presentation.
•We finally get more hints at a rebellion against the throne! When Marlee was being whipped, America kind of sparked a bit of a flame by running after Marlee screaming.


•Maxon literally grew on me even more in this book. WHY IS HE SO AWESOME?? I want a Maxon.
•We learn more about Maxon. His father actually whips him, which paints the King in an entirely different light.

what i didn't like

•America kept choosing between Aspen and Maxon still! I was hoping that it would take her less time to try to make a decision. It's obvious (at least to me) that she'd be better with Maxon. Why doesn't America just let go of Aspen by now?? Seriously, I was getting really upset when she kept trying to see more of Aspen. LET HIM GOOOOO.


I can honestly say that I'm pretty pumped to finally read The One and figure out what happens. I seriously hope that America can make the smart decision of choosing Maxon, because I think that he's better for her. I mean, come on, Aspen broke up with her in the first place. If he really wanter her, he wouldn't have done that!



Have you read The Elite? What were your thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Great review! I was exactly the same. I hated it when America couldn't choose between Maxon and Aspen and I was Maxon all the way. I just wanted it to stop. I just loved Maxon too.

    Lauren @ My Expanding Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a total fan of this series. I read all 5 books and the novellas. I loved Maxon too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!