Sunday, January 1, 2017

Let's Talk About Goals

So, at the beginning of every year I set out to create a list of goals and post them onto my blog. Since it's New Year's Day, I thought that I'd talk about my goals for 2016 and set my goals for 2017!

My 2016 Goals:

1. Complete the 52 Book Challenge
So, I had found this super awesome book challenge on PopSugar though I ended up completely forgetting about it until I was looking through my journal like a week ago. I decided to write in the books that I could that fulfilled the different prompts and ended up with only like half of them filled out. Therefore, this challenge was an EPIC FAIL.

2. Use more gifs!
I think I did pretty well with this one! I always try to use gifs in my reviews now and posts (as you can see with this post). I'd say this was a success!

3. Reach 1,000 Bloglovin' followers. 
This was another fail. I had 676 followers at the beginning of 2016 for Bloglovin and now I have 750. Even though it's not 1,000, I am so glad to have received any new followers at all and I still can't believe people come to my blog to read what I write!

4. Use Twitter & make blogging friends!
I didn't really fulfill this one that much. I did branch out and talk with some bloggers on there, but not as much as I wish I had! I definitely still want to make some blogging friends around my age!

5. Go back to my old memes.
This one was another epic fail. I was hoping to bring back Trendy Taglines and Great Expectations which were on my blog way back in 2012 when I started blogging. Maybe next year?

My 2017 Reading Goals:

1. Read only what I really want to read.
I found that last year I was swamped in review books, which I don't really mind, but I'd like to spend more time reading tons of backlist titles on my shelves that I really want to read and have been wanting to read for a while.

2. Request less books for review!
This one kind of goes with the last one. I always tend to go a little crazy with requests during the summer and then end up having to only read review books!

3. Finish some series that I've been meaning to finish!
I'm not going to set a number for this one, but I'd at least like to finish a few. I actually started this yesterday by rereading The Selection and then breezing through The Elite. 

4. Only buy books that I really want on my shelves. To do this, utilize the library more!
Early last year I found out that there's a huge library online for my state that has TONS of young adult books. They're not even bad young adult books. They always put up new release ebooks!

5. Listen to at least ten audiobooks.
I found audiobooks about a month ago and literally went crazy listening to them. I've listened to about five within two weeks alone!


What are some of your New Year's resolutions?

21 comments:

  1. Your goals sound similar to mine. I failed at some, accomplished some. There's only so much time in a day and so much my brain can handle. LOL I do want to take in less review books and read more of my own. Already was working on that for a few months and on a roll now.

    Happy New Year!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. And add one more bloglovin follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Good luck with your goals in 2017. I can relate, I'd like to read more backlist too instead of all the new stuff all the time.

    Love that penguin GIF, poor guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals! I wish you a happy, fruitful 2017! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Good luck with your goals! My goal is the opposite - I need to read MORE review books and less backlist titles! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. One bookish goal I have for 2017 is to keep better track of the books I've read. I probably completed several of the challenges I entered, but didn't record right away and then it kind of got away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't generally worry about the number of followers I have...my goal there is finding more zombie fans to chat with and a few others with book tastes in common. Where are they all???!!! I keep track of all my books on Goodreads which is nice and simple-I'd get lost of anything more complex! I do plan to tweet more about books and films and stay away from news topics as that gets me stressed! Finishing more series is a priority for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Pop Sugar challenges but I've never seriously attempted to complete one! Maybe this year is the year... Good luck with all your goals!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals! I love all your gifs especially Harley Quinn. I looove her :) and you are one follower closer to your goals now because I followed you everywhere :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect goals! I feel like mine are quite similar! I definitely only want to purchase books that I want on my shelves. I used to think I wanted a lot of large books shelves just filled with books but going through some of them earlier this week I realized that some are just crap that I will never read again haha.

    Hope you had a fantastic New Years!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals...I have very similar ones for this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to try and read more books from my shelves and request less ARCS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! I'm trying to purchase fewer books too, but I am seriously addicted to my Kindle, so I just keep buying everything on there instead... I did request fewer review copies in 2016 though! And managed to clear through a lot of books on my shelves. Good luck with your goals this year (especially on audiobooks, that one sounds like a lot of fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I failed at many of my challenges for 2016. But I feel that through the rough patches of 2016, I came out successful. I need to sit down and seriously consider my new goals. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thinking reading what you want to read is a lot harder when you're a blogger. I also want to do more of this because when you do, reading is just more fun. Hope you have a lovely New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your new resolutions. I feel like I need to only buy books I want on my shelves, I am definitely guilty of buying books which I will read once and forget about. I think my library must be utilised more, I'm not so lucky as having a well stocked library, it's only the really big titles we get and random smaller ones. It'll take some work.

    I like the idea of having fewer review copies as well, give myself the freedom to pick and choose what I want to review and not doing it just because I feel I have to. It'll mean a bit more variety on my blog.

    I wouldn't feel too bad about forgetting about the popsugar challenge either, I ended up abandoning it part way through the year as it just didn' fit my reading for the year. I think it would have been better if there had been less books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great goals. I need to improve on some of these too. (Though I will admit I'm kind of a Twitter addict. :D) I'm hoping to do better at review requests. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great goals!!! I love the Popsugar challenge! Also I need to request less books but having problems with that one already lol. Good luck with these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the sound of these resolutions and I hope that you will be able to ace them this year! I'm doing to Popsugar challenge again this year even though I didn't really fulfill it last year either :D I'm also requesting a lot less and only reading and buying books I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Discovering Overdrive to check out library e-books has changed my LIFE (so much so that I actually have a kindle now, which I always thought I'd never own!) Glad to see that you'll be able to leverage library e-books more this year! Also, I love your new blog design!

    Cristina @ Girl in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have some pretty solid and achievable goals for 2017. Good luck! Happy reading in 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!