Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Top Ten Books of 2016




Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I picked this one up after seriously LOVING Illuminae last year. I'm so glad that I did. I really loved this one too! I didn't like it as much as Illuminae though, mainly because I'm a huge fan of Ezra and Kady. It was interesting to see the story in this world continue though through eyes of different characters!


Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
I actually read this one for an online class that I took last spring on Young Adult Literature. I ended up seriously loving this one. It was hard to read at times because it deals with a school shooting, but it's one of those books that has a huge twist at the end that you honestly just don't see coming. 


Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas
This one was on my most-anticipated list for a while, and I only just got around to reading it this year. The book absolutely blew me away. I knew that I was going to like it, but I loved it even more than I thought I would. I seriously loved the characters and it had such a bittersweet ending.


Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Wow, I'm already up to two adult books on this list! I picked this one up because I knew that the movie was going to be coming out. I was on the waitlist for what seemed like FOREVER at the library just to get my hands on this one. I ended up really liking it, even though I basically cried for the last one hundred pages.


Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie is one of my all-time favorites. That's why I finally got around to picking up Sinner, which follows one of my favorite characters of all-time: Cole St. Clair. I was really pleased with this book and I was so glad to read more about him!


The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash
I got this one for review and I absolutely ate it up because I'm a major geek. If you're into comics and superheroes, then this is the book for you, my friend!


Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour
I had been hearing really good things about this one but only just got around to reading it this year. I thought that it was so intriguing because the main character actually works on movie sets! It's definitely a unique read that will stick with you.


The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
This was my first Morgan Matson book and I was so surprised. I ate it up. I loved how fun of a read it was, and the love interest was AMAZING.


Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
I picked this one up after hearing so many awesome things. Wow, I'm realizing that seems to be a pretty common theme for most of these books. This is why I love the blogging community. I get so many awesome recommendations! Anyways, I seriously loved Simon and the fact that this book included a whole lot of OREOS.


With Malice by Eileen Cook
This one was quite a pleasant surprise. I had requested it and expected not to love it as much as I did. It was one of the few thriller/mysteries that I couldn't guess what was happening!

What were your favorite books of 2016?

13 comments:

  1. Amazing picks! I'm hoping to read Me Before You and Gemina next year, and I adore all those quotes :) Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh nice! Loved Gemina!! Still need to read With Malice! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I LOVE Everything Leads to You!! Such an adorable book. I also second Nineteen Minutes...actually I just love all of Jodi Picoult's books. They're so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover with all the dogs! I haven't read any of these books but I've seen a few of them on other blogs. Lets hope for a great reading year in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read Nineteen Minutes for ages, because I've loved the other Jodi Picoult books I've read, so I'll definitely have to be bump that one up the TBR list for 2017! And I loved Me Before You as well. It's one of few books to ever make me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great ones here!! Because You'll Never Meet Me, Simon, Me Before You and The Unexpected Everything were awesome. I just got Everything Leads to You and can't wait for it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've put the book and a quote on a background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ASFLJSHF Gemina is my LIFE. I love that book so much! <3 I really need to read Me Before You and The Unexpected Everything - they look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Nineteen Minutes, Me Before You, and With malice! Wonderful list. :D I still need to get to Gemina and Simon vs the homo sapiens agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only book I've read on this list is Sinner! It was definitely fantastic. I'm hoping to read Gemina soon, but I don't think it will be in time for me to put it on my 2016 list :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just about to start Gemina! Really glad you enjoyed it. I also loved The Unexpected Everything, but I pretty much love everything Morgan Matson writes! Can't wait for her next book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still need to read Me Before You (so I can see the film!) and cannot wait to read Morgan's 2016 release too! I have both so making them a 2017 priority is a must. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these D: I really need to get around to reading Me Before You in 2017, and The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love, because those both sound so interesting to me <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!