Sunday, December 18, 2016

Baby It's Cold Outside Readathon | Day 2


Hey guys! Today I'm here to participate ind ay two of the Baby It's Cold Outside read-a-thon hosted by Read.Sleep.Repeat. 

Teaser Tidbits Challenge
Rules:
-Grab the book you're currently reading (or recently read)
-Open to a random page
-Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. NO spoilers allowed! Choose passages void of spoilers. The goal is to entice, yet not ruin the book for others! 
-Share the title & author, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

So, the book that I'm currently reading is Tandem by Anna Jarzab.

Here are my two teaser sentences!

He had entered this universe through a door that wasn't there.

It was hard to get used to the sky without the aurora in it.

Page 99 Test Instructions: 
Pick a book you haven't read, turn to page 99 and read that page. Then give a synopsis of that page and tell us if, based only on that page, do you still want to read this book?

I picked up Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. The page that I turned to was a little confusing, since this was a book I hadn't even read! However, I guess that's the point of this challenge! The protagonist kept listing facts about someone named Queenie. Someone named von Linden showed up and the protagonist had to then translate what she had written during the day to him. She kept talking about how alone she was as well. 

I definitely still want to give this book a read! I'm really curious about all these characters and I want to know why the protagonist has to translate things. 

14 comments:

  1. Tandem by Anna Jarzab looks good! I like the quotes that you picked!! Good luck on the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the first quote from Tandem, thank you for sharing! Very intriguing indeed. I've not read Code Name Verity, but everyone I know who has read it seems to love it, so I hope you enjoy it if you do get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that first teaser. I'm so curious about this novel now. Good luck with your readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting exercise. My TBR is already bursting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those are books I've wanted to read for ages! Those teasers from Tandem are really cool, though. I hope you have a great readathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those quotes are pretty cool, sounds like an interesting book. This readathon looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes actually went straight for the quotes and thought you were reading Across the Universe for a second. I love the first teaser, though!

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh those were two very intriguing quotes you shared! You've definitely kindled my interest in Tandem now xD Code Name Verity sounds good too- hope you enjoy them both!

    Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg Code Name Verity is one of my favourite books ever! I'm having so many feels reading that summary haha I hope you can get to it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard Code Name Verity is really good! I definitely want to read it at some point!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOH! I adore teasers, and thanks so much for sharing these super intriguing ones!

    Have a lovely Christmas!
    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I just love these teasers....it makes me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of the second challenge, reading a page in a book you haven't read yet. I recommend Code Name Verity. It's a favorite of mine.

    Hope your read-a-thon is going well.

    -lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg Code Name Verity is AMAZING and it makes sense when you start to read it. The narrator has a lot of different aliases and she's basically the best of ever and MY TOTAL HERO. <3 It's a bit of a slow book but 100000% worth it I promise!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!