Sunday, October 2, 2016

Meet Erin! | Blogger Interviews


Hey guys! Today I'm featuring Erin from The Hardcover Lover!

About Erin: (taken from Erin's blog)
Erin is a twenty-something-year-old lover of words and fictional worlds. When she's not reading or reviewing YA, she can be found teaching or fangirling about Star Wars, Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games. Her other interests include the Pittsburgh Penguins, sewing, and exploring her hometown.

The Interview:

1. What's your favorite book and why? What song would you use to capture the essence of your favorite book? 
I think my favorite book would have to be The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but my favorite series is Harry Potter. As for the song for Perks, I agree with Charlie… “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac always comes to my mind when I think of the book.

2. What is your dream career? 
Now that I’m through with the majority of my education (just a master’s to go…), I’m still going to go with English teacher. There’s nothing quite like seeing the look on the face of a child when they understand something.

3. Where do you want to travel to? 
Ireland… Yes, I’d love to go to other places, but right now, Ireland is the only place that I need to get to. I want to experience the land, the culture, and just see everything the island has to offer. I also really need to see the ruins of the castle that my ancestors built.

4. If you could have your own friend squad made up of book characters, which characters would you choose to be part of the squad? 
Oh man… I’m so bad with questions like this. I’d obviously have a girl squad, and I would fill it with Hermione, Katniss, Tris, Lara Jean, Eleanor, and Cath and Wren. 

5. What's your favorite TV show? Movie? 
Again with the impossible questions! Right now I’m really into Reign on the CW. I know it’s a highly fictionalized account of Mary, Queen of Scots, but it’s addictive! As far as movies go, there are so many, but I think Titanic will always have a spot in my heart.

6. You finally got your invite to Hogwarts! Which house do you get sorted into and who do you befriend? 
I always thought I would end up in Ravenclaw, but apparently (and I mean after taking multiple quizzes and the Pottermore sorting quiz twice!), I’m a Gryffindor. I think the first person I would befriend would be Hermione because she’s brilliant and I think we’d understand each other.

7. What song do you wish could be turned into a novel? 
Ummm… anything by Taylor Swift! I think I’d go with “Love Story” just because it would be really interesting to see a historical fiction book, complete with forbidden love and beautiful costumes. 

8. Which TV series or movie do you wish could be continued through a book series? 
I don’t know… I know I read a lot of book series that were based on old TV shows, and to be honest, I wasn’t a fan of them.

9. What book do you wish had a sequel? 
Fangirl. I liked Carry On, but I really want to see more about Cath and her sister.

10. Why do you love books? 
Honestly, I just do. As a kid, I loved when my mom would read to me, and then I grew to love reading on my own. After reading A Little Princess, I was sold, and I’ve been reading ever since. I guess it just comes with the territory of being an English teacher. 

Erin's Links:

------
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all the questions Erin! 

2 comments:

  1. Great interview :) It was nice to meet Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Reign. I stopped watching that for a while but I want to get back into it because I love anything historical (even though it's very fictionalized). :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!