Monday, September 26, 2016

You Before Anyone Else by Julie Cross and Mark Perini | Review

27969076Title: You Before Anyone Else
Author: Julie Cross and Mark Perini
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: Netgalley

Model Finley needs someone to help her shed her "good girl" persona, so she'll try Eddie on for size.
New York City model Finley is fed up with hearing the same feedback at castings: she needs to take some serious action to wipe the "good girl" stamp from her resume if she wants to launch the stardom.
Enter Eddie Wells. He's shallow, predictable... and just as long as Finley feels. Deep down, Finley is drawn to Eddie's bravado, his intensity. Except Eddie is hiding something. A big something. And when it surfaces, both loving and leaving Finley will become so much harder.

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Last year I got the chance to read Halfway Perfect by Julie Cross and Mark Perini, so I was extremely pumped to finally have another novel by the both of them! I loved Halfway Perfect so I had pretty high hopes for You Before Anyone Else.

This novel mainly took place in apartments, which I found to be pretty different and awesome. The apartments were filled with other young people because they were owned by the modeling agency.

There's dual perspectives which is awesome because I honestly loved both Eddie and Finley. They're both coming from different places. Finley is basically always seen as the "good girl" and she actually gets rejected from modeling jobs for not being bolder and edgier. The two of them had a pretty realistic love story in my opinion, which was great.

Of course, there was a pretty big twist because of Eddie. I know that it could be a predictable twist for some people, but I didn't think it was. I didn't see it coming at all!

Eddie got famous pretty fast which I didn't find all that realistic. I guess it probably does happen in the modeling agency, but seriously, it just happened so fast.

You Before Anyone Else was an amazing read and I can't wait for more by Julie Cross and Mark Perini!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you liked this one! I haven't read it yet, but it sounds like a really great read (and a lot different than a lot of other contemporary YA books)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for such amazing information. This is one of the best sites which provide all the details of related topics.
    Examhelpline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good for sharing with us good information of this best site.
    Examhelpline.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for providing such nice information to us. It provides such amazing information on care/as well Health/. The post is really helpful and very much thanks to you. The information can be really helpful on health, care as well as on examhelp/ tips. The post is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!