Friday, September 16, 2016

The Assassin Game by Kirsty McKay | Review

27969100Title: The Assassin Game
Author: Kirsty McKay
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Genre: Mystery, Thriller
Source: Netgalley

Who will be left after lights out? 
At Cate's isolated boarding school, Killer is more than a game-it's an elite secret society. Members must avoid being "Killed" during a series of thrilling pranks, and only the Game Master knows who the "Killer" is. When cate's finally invited to join the Assassin' Guild, she knows it's her ticket to finally feeling like she belongs.
But when the game becomes all too real, the school threatens to shut it down. Cate will do anything to keep playing and save the Guild. But can she find the real assassin before she's the next target?

**Thank you so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I don't know about you, but I've always been a fan of books that seem somewhat creepy and thrilling. I think that's what originally drew me into The Assassin Game. I'm so glad that I got the chance to read it!

Most mysteries are novels that I end up hating, but that wasn't the case with this novel. I really liked the mystery and suspense in this novel. Basically, the Assassin Game is a game (obviously) where one person is a killer and they have to "kill" people off in the game until someone in the game can correctly guess who the killer is. So it's really all fake though someone ends up actually killing someone for real.

I honestly didn't know who the killer was. A lot of the times, I end up hating mysteries because I can guess how it's all going to be played out. That wasn't the case with this novel!

I really liked the setting. It took place on a little island near Wales that Cate's family actually owns. I just found that to be such an interesting setting because it was unlike any other setting that I've explored. Plus, an island for a murder story!? I mean, that's even better because it's even more hard to escape!

In the end, The Assassin Game was an extremely suspenseful and thrilling novel that I'd love to revisit again in the future. It's worth a read!


5 comments:

  1. I rarely read mystery/thriller books but this sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting... I hate mystery books that I can guess straight away as well! I might have to buy this! Thank you for a really good review 😊

    xoxo
    Kirsty

    thebibliophilegirluk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review! I love mystery/thrillers so I'll definitely have to try this one sometime. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read. And yes to islands off the Welsh coat - brilliant setting :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!