Monday, September 5, 2016

Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally | Review

22846823Title: Defending Taylor
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Release Date: July 5, 2016
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Netgalley

Captain of the soccer team, president of the Debate Club, contender for valedictorian: Taylor's always pushed herself to be perfect. After all, that's what is expected of a senator's daughter. But one impulsive decision-one lie to cover for her boyfriend-and Taylor's kicked out of private school. Everything she's worked so hard for is gone, and now she's starting over at Hundred Oaks High.
Soccer has always been Taylor's escape from the pressures of school and family, but it's hard to fit in and play on a team that used to be her rival. The only person who seems to understand all that she's going through is her older brother's best friend, Ezra. Taylor's had a crush on him for as long as she can remember. But it's hard to trust after having been betrayed. Will Taylor repeat her past mistakes or can she score a fresh start?

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Last year I finally read one of Miranda Kenneally's novels and I absolutely loved it. That's why I was so pumped up when I found out that another novel by Kenneally was coming out. 

Defending Taylor follows Taylor who recently got kicked out of her private school with tons of opportunities because she took the blame for something that her boyfriend did. Of course, nobody knows that she took the blame because everyone believed her when she said that she was using drugs to help her get through studying. Now she's going to Hundred Oaks High and nothing will ever quite be the same.

I loved how determined Taylor was. She knew that she wanted to go to Yale and worked hard her whole life. She was very strong with her decisions as well. I also loved that she liked soccer a lot because I also love playing sports.

Ezra was a pretty great love interest. Because he was taking a break from Cornell, he seemed like a much older and mature character than Taylor which I liked. He had been through more so I really liked him.

I liked how there were snippets of what went on in the past. It wasn't all directly laid out. There were little snippets about Taylor's past, such as the whole situation with her ex-boyfriend, Ben. About that--I still can't believe that Taylor completely took the blame for her boyfriend's drugs just because he was there on a scholarship. He deserved to be reprimanded for what he had done.

In the end, I thought that Defending Taylor was an enjoyable book. I'm excited to read even more by Kenneally in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I've read pretty much all of the Hundred Oaks books except for this one and it seems really good! I love the romance that Miranda Kenneally uses and how she's sure to keep the characters relatable. Lovely review, Krystianna!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Miranda's books since I heard about Catching Jordan and I STILL haven't got around to them! This sounds really good though so I'll have to bump them up my TBR pile. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I love this series but this wasn't my favorite in it. Glad you liked it and totally agree with you re: Taylor and her determination.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!