Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Boyfriend Bet by Chris Cannon | Review

The Boyfriend BetTitle: The Boyfriend Bet
Author: Chris Cannon
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Release Date: August 22, 2016
Series: Boyfriend Chronicles #2
Source: Netgalley

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains multiple PDAs, after-school detentions, and gambling on the side. Warning: betting on a boyfriend is bad for your health.
Zoe Cain knows that Grant Eventide is way out of her league. So naturally, she kisses him. Out of spite. Not only is Grant her brother's number-one nemesis, but he has zero interest in being tied down to one girl. She's shocked-and secretly thrilled-when they start spending more time together. Non-exclusively, of course, but that doesn't mean Zoe can't change his mind, one PDA and after-school detention at a time.
Zoe's brother claims Grant is trying to make her his "Ringer," an oh-so-charming tradition where a popular guy dates a non-popular girl until he hooks up with her, then dumps her. Zoe threatens to neuter Grant with hedge clippers if he's lying but Grant swears he isn't trying to trick her. Still, that doesn't mean Grant is the commitment type-env if winning a bet is on the line.

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

The Boyfriend Bet followed two characters: Zoe and Grant. Zoe is a recent transfer into school while Grant has been going there. He actually has caused Zoe's brother some issues in the past. Therefore, in order to spite her brother, Zoe ends up kissing Grant on the spot. Ever since that moment, their lives have become pretty intertwined.

Zoe and Grant were amazing characters. Zoe was pretty awesome. I thought it was awesome that she loved baking because I used to aspire to be a baker when I was younger. It's so much fun to bake cupcakes and whoopie pies and just everything. I also loved how strong she was. She had no issue speaking up to people when she felt uncomfortable or pushed to the side. Grant was enjoyable as a character too because he really changed throughout the story. I love seeing character growth and development throughout a novel.

Grant's ex was so annoying. I know that she was supposed to be, but she would cause so many little issues at times that I jut wanted to get rid of her. However, I know that novels have to have some hateful characters.

I loved the message in this novel. It was basically to break stereotypes because honestly, just because you're from a certain part of town does not make you a "hick". Just because you have tons of money doesn't mean that you're a bad guy. I loved that this book explored those stereotypes that were deeply rooted in the town that Zoe and Grant lived in.

The Boyfriend Bet was such a cute read and I can't wait for more from this companion series!


2 comments:

  1. This book sounds like so much fun! You convinced me to add this to my TBR. :D I love a good romance that breaks stereotypes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked this one a lot and that it was a good romance read. It's always nice when things are unique and not cliche at all. I think the ex would get annoying for me too, but it seems like the author reached their goal in making her annoying ;)

    My recent post: Is social media immortalising us? Discuss! http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2016/08/does-social-media-immortalise-us.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!