Friday, August 12, 2016

Save Me, Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer | Review

22055480Title: Save Me, Kurt Cobain
Author: Jenny Manzer
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: March 8, 2016
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary

Nico Cavan has been adrift since her mother vanished when she was four-maternal abandonment isn't exactly something you can just get over. Staying invisible at school is how she copes-that and listening to alt music and summoning spirits on the Ouija board with her best friend and co-conspirator in sarcasm, Obe. But when a chance discovery opens a window onto her mom's wild past, it sparks an idea in her brain that takes hold and won't let go.
On a ferry departing Seattle, Nico encounters a slight blond guy with piercing blue eyes wearing a hooded jacket. Something in her heart tells her that this feeling she has might actually be the truth, so she follows him to a remote cabin in the Pacific Northwest. When she is stranded there by a winter storm, fear and darkness collide, and the only one who can save Nico might just be herself.

**Thank you so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Save Me, Kurt Cobain was a beautifully-written story. I honestly was originally drawn in because of the marvelous cover (I mean seriously, LOOK AT IT) but the story itself was absolutely amazing. 

When the story first started off, I felt that it was kind of slow. It was honestly a little hard to push through, but once it hit the 40%-ish mark it got much better and more intriguing. At that point, the novel was something that I didn't want to put down! However, because it was a little hard to get into, I'm giving this book 3 stars.

I went into this book not really knowing anything about Kurt Cobain and I also don't know that much about the '90's itself, so this book was a pretty big learning opportunity. It honestly has made me want to go out and learn more about Kurt Cobain/Nirvana. I also just want to go out there and find out more about great bands and listen to some music from Nirvana!

I know for sure that I will be recommending this book to people in the future!


3 comments:

  1. Girl I could talk to you for days about the 90's!! It's my fave decade for fashion, music, and life. So that's the reason I instantly put this book on my TBR when it came out. I'm glad you liked it, I've heard mixed things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I actually love KC but this book was a bit off for me -- It just felt very odd and a lot sadder than I was expecting. Glad it got more intriguing for you!

    my review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know quite a bit about the 90s but I don't know anything about Kurt Cobain so that is going to be something new for me if I do go and try this novel. The cover is gorgeous! I am glad this one did pick up for you in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!