Sunday, August 28, 2016

Meet Yasmine! | Blogger Interviews

Hey guys! Today as part of my blogger interview series I have Yasmine from Swissbookworm! 

-----

Meet Yasmine: 
My name is Yasmine and I'm a 19 year old Swiss girl who loves reading as much as breathing. My blog helps me to share my reviews with others and I participate in occasional memes and I hope to find a lot of new people to share my interests with.

1. What got you into reading in the first place?
As a child I was totally hooked on a book series called Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. I read them so many times that I knew everything by heart. I started to reach out to other books and since then I never stopped. I think the reason I fell in love with reading at a very young age was that I could escape to another world and read about other people's problems, drama and love lifes that weren't mine.

2. To this very day, what's your favorite book and why?
Such a mean question. As if I only had one favourite book. I'll probably have to say an alltime favourite would be the Harry Potter series and although I loved every single one of them I'm going to say Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Many people have asked me why this one was my favourite (because I haven't met a lot of people who share this opinion) and I always have to give them the same answer: I don't know. Except, that it's probably the one book in the series that affected me the most emotionally. 

3. What new release are you most looking forward to reading in 2016?
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare because I absolutely love her work. Then I'm really excited about The Fever Code by James Dashner - another prequel to the Maze Runner series. And last but not least The Last Star by Rick Yancey the last part in the 5th Wave trilogy.

4. What's one book that you feel didn't get enough love that you read last year?
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. It's such a great book and John Green's wisdom astounds me everytime.

5. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
Harry Potter! (My first answer to any question will probably always be Harry Potter, that's why I'm also going to mention Divergent which I loved)

6. If there was a book written about you, what would it be called and why?
Hmmm.. Maybe something liked 'The extraordinary normal life of a white girl' 

7. Who's your favorite author?
Besides J.K. Rowling Anthony Horowitz, whose books I've loved since I've been a young teenager. And then follows Rainbow Rowell. But honestly there are so many great authors I love and own every single book of, so I can only say that these three would be the absolute top three of approximately 20 favourite authors.

8. What's your favorite couple that you ship? (YES, they can be from different books, or even a TV character with a book character!)
Although it's called OTP as in ONE true pairing I've got tons of them. I adore Clarke and Bellamy from The Hundred series by Kass Morgan (and the TV series). I love Jem and Tessa/Will and Tessa from The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare and honestly there are so many more that I can't think of any right now. Tell me a series and I'll tell you a couple that I ship. 

9. What's your favorite show to binge-watch or your favorite movie?
Again, I've got so many (and to little free time). I binge-watched Teen Wolf a few times now already (yes, at least 3 seasons in 2 days) and I'm really looking forward to binge-watching Shadowhunters when the first season's over. Also, I loved the series Charmed and have managed to watch all 9 seasons in under a month. As in favourite movie I'll go again with Harry Potter and I'm always down for a marathon if you bring the popcorn.

10. Besides reading, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch tv series on my laptop, go to the cinema with friends or go to pubs & bars. I'm also into dancing and I've got up to 18 hours of Ballett & Flamenco training a week, which brings my freetime to a minimum.

Check out Yasmine's Links:

------

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer the questions, Yasmine! Stop by next week for another interview!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like An Abundance of Katherines should get more love too. I really liked that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for interviewing me! :)
    I haven't been very active lately, but that's all about to change.
    I like what you've done with your blog, looks different to what I remember :D Have a lovely Sunday! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!