Sunday, August 14, 2016

Meet Val! | SBPT

Hey guys! Today I have Valerie from He Said Books Or Me for my very last stop of the Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by The Book Bratz. 

Here's Valerie's guest post!

----------

Hi Everyone!
I am Val and I am the blogger at He Said Books Or Me. I am stopping by today to talk with you about why I decided to start blogging about books and what got me into blogging.
A little over eight years ago, my husband and I packed up our two cars and drove across the US to move from the Midwest to DC. It was not an easy transition for me to make and I soon found that I was missing home. That said there are so many opportunities that exist on the East Coast, so I knew it would be worth it. I created a personal blog that I used to keep in touch with friends and family. As the years went on, I started posting not only regular updates about our lives but about some of the books I was reading and my mother in law suggested to me that I might be able to start a blog just for books.
Enter in 'He Said Books Or Me' (which my hubby was the one who came up with the name!). When I started it, it was really just a place for me to track what I was reading. Since then it has become so much more than that. I have learned a lot through book community. I have participated in fun reading challenges, attended fun book events, and helped with blogger tours. I never really knew that much went into it and I am still learning all of the time. I enjoying having my own little space on the internet to record my thoughts and share a love of books with others. I just celebrated one year on the blog in May and there is a lot of ideas that I have but just have not been able to do yet. I hope to keep expanding and trying something new.
One of the newest projects I have taken on is hosting an Virtual Adult Summer Reading Program. #VASRP Remember those library reading programs you had as a kid? Same idea-- just geared towards adults and in a virtual way! My co-host Octavia (@ReadSleepRepeat) and I post mini challenges each Monday and will be having two more twitter chats-one in August and one in September. I hope you will consider joining us!   Speaking of others, my favorite thing about the book community is the other people. Every day I get new book recommendations, ideas for posts, and get to be surrounded by the bookish love. It's great! I am on Twitter and Instagram using the @hesaidbooksorme. I hope you will give me a hello and talk with me about books! 
Happy Reading! 

----------

Thanks so much for stopping by Val! Don't forget to stop by her blog at He Said Books or Me!

1 comment:

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!