Monday, August 29, 2016

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes | Review

15507958Title: Me Before You
Author: Jojo Moyes
Series: Me Before You #1
Release Date: January 5, 2012
Edition: eBook
Publisher: Viking

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Trainer knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and other joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them  knows they're going to change the other for all time. 


I originally picked up a copy of Me Before You because I had seen the movie trailer and it looked absolutely amazing. On top of that, just about everyone was raving about how awesome of a book it was. I don't usually read adult books either, so this book was out of the range of what I'm used to. However, it completely opened me up to something new and I can't wait to read more adult novels in the future.

The novel follows a girl named Louisa Clark who was recently fired from her job. She ends up getting a new job tending to Will Trainer who went through a serious accident in the past which has led him to becoming someone that he never thought he'd be. As the days grow on, the two of them grow seriously closer.

I absolutely loved Louisa Clark. She was always so strong and was always loving life. To be honest, it was kind of inspiring. She made me want to live life the way that I want to live it because life only comes around once. Will Trainer was just as great of a character. He was extremely lovable and I felt terrible for everything that he was going through.

I know for sure that I can't wait to get my hands on After Me and I also can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD because I actually haven't seen it yet!


8 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can handle this one. I've heard good things, but I'm a sap when it comes to books that make everyone cry. I'll probably try it some day or at least see the movie.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good and I'd love to see the movie, but not before I've read the book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I also picked up this book after seeing the movie trailer. I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, though. It’s way outside of my reading comfort zone.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not quite sure about this one. It's not my usual type of read. For some reason in my head I equate it with Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult type of stories? Would you say that is right or wrong? I might watch the movie sometime though. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just reviewed this book yesterday, too! :) I didn't quite enjoy it that much though, to be honest. I found it kind of a bore :/ I'm waiting for the DVD of the movie to come out, too, because I really still want to see it. I'm not sure if I'll read the sequel, though, either.

    Here's my Review of Me Before You @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!! I'm glad you liked this one. Also, the movie is great too. I hope you like the movie as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am much like you in reading Me Before You because of the movie trailer. I had written it off as an adult book I wasn't interested in and how wrong I was. I loved it and cried buckets and then couldn't face watching the film in the cinema in case I embarrassed myself crying so now I'm eagerly awaiting the DVD release to watch it.

    Great review. I really do think the characters made this book so readable. Are you planning on reading After You?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read me before you this summer and I completely agree with your view on Lou Clarke she was a great character to follow and she was different from the normal characters I have read. Great review

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!