Sunday, July 10, 2016

Meet Peyton! | SBPT


Hey guys! Today I'm back again featuring another wonderful book blogger for the Summer Blog Promo Tour hosted by The Book Bratz. On the blog for this post I have Peyton from A Bookish Mess!

--------

Hey love! Thank you for taking the time to feature A Bookish Mess on your blog this summer! It's been great getting to know everyone and see all of these amazing post! I do hope all the Harry Potter fans out there can relate to my post! I am even open to hearing everyone's book options for this! I am sure there are SO many more I could have listed, but I tried to keep is slightly simple!
So here we go.. I have picked 2 books that I would recommended to each of the 4 houses in Harry Potter.

Hufflepuff
Based off the House Traits of:
Trustworthy; Hardworking; Loyal; Dedicated; Kind; Patient

This novel is actually on my list of Top 5 Romance novels of all time. The loyalty trait sings loudly in this novel. Two characters get a chance to reconnect after hurt feelings, broken engagements and years apart. Can forgiveness be given? Is their happiness in their future? This is perfect for the Puffs!
16068905
I almost picked a different novel, but felt this was a much better fit. I think when it comes to relating to characters and situations, the Puffs will have no issues connecting with Levi and Cath!

Gryffindor
Based off the House Traits of:
Brave; Daring; Reckless; Honorable; Chivalrous; Short Tempered; SlightDisregard for the Rules

This was the very first book that came to mind when writing the traits for Gryffindor. Seriously though – do they not remind you of everything that the Dauntless is based on in Veronica's novels? I think the members of Gryffindor would have no issues connecting with this story and most of it's characters.











I guess Austen is one well rounded author since she keeps making my list in different houses! I honestly feel like Elizabeth would have been a Gryffindor had she ever been around for Hogwarts! To be completely honest, she reminds me a lot of Hermione. Brave, prideful, loyal to the letter, takes no crap and does not hesitate to stand up for what she believes in.

Slytherin
Based on the House Traits of:
Total Disregard for Authority; Cunning; Ambitious; Resourceful; Conceited

I LOVE this book! I am not entirely sure what that says about me since I have picked it for the Slytherin House, but to each their own! Really though, I think every Slytherin who gets their hands on this book will have no issues appreciating the cunning, ambitious resourcefulness that Dantes brings to the table.

2767052
This novel could be used for at least 2 different houses, but I am choosing to use in for Slytherin in this case. Thinking about it now – does everything about the games not strike you as something Voldemort would do had he every actually gained, and kept his powers? The only thing I would worry about is if he would use the games for only muggles, or would he use it on anyone who wasn't a fullblood? I think Slytherins across the board would enjoy this novel, but maybe not for the right reasons.

Ravenclaw
Based on the House Traits of:
Intelligence; Knowledge; Originality; Creative; Logical; Competitive; Individual

To me, he would be the ultimate Ravenclaw. Think about it.. How many Ravenclaw traits does Mr. Holmes demonstrate on a daily basis? Just about every single one! I relate more to the Gryffs, but I can see the appreciation for this one in a Ravenclaw level. I think his series should be on every single shelf of each Ravenclaw in the house!

25735012Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith
Sticking with the detective theme – look at this gorgeous gem! You know you are just DYING to read it, Ravenclaw or not! Ever wondered what it would be like to get a random severed leg in the mail? (no? Me either!) If you ever truly did though & you are one of those who enjoys the mystery, drama and the hunt of finding the bad guy, the this book is perfect for the Ravenclaw (or inner Ravenclaw) in you!




-----------


Thank you so much to Peyton for taking the time to recommend some books this week! Don't forget to check out Peyton's links:


7 comments:

  1. I love this post idea! Great picks for each of the houses, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to be super selective! I had so many ideas! lol

      Delete
  2. I always thought of myself as a Ravenclaw...but somehow I prefer the Gryffindor books :O Maybe it's time for me to switch houses?? :P
    But yeah SBPT is such a great idea, and it was fun seeing your choices, Peyton :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me laugh that when I was making this - I was picking books I LOVED for other Houses and was like -- omgosh; should I really belong there?!

      Delete
  3. What a fun post! I love the Jane Austen choices, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this sure is very original. Hello, Peyton! Loved Fangirl and Jane Austen is all sorts of awesome. She deserves her own house :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some really neat choices! I think the reasons behind each of them were perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!