Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | Review


17838528
Title: The Unexpected Everything
Author: Morgan Matson
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Source: Netgalley

Andie had it all planned out.
When you are a politician's daughter who's pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.
Important internship? Check.
Amazing friends? Check.
Guys? Check (as long as we're talking no more than three weeks).
But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.
Because here's the thing-if everything's planned out, you can never find the unexpected.
And where's the fun in that?

**Thank you so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Before picking up this book, I had never read a Morgan Matson novel. Sure, I've heard so many people rave about her wonderful novels, but I just never got around to finally picking one up. That all changed when I finally started reading The Unexpected Everything. 

The novel follows a girl named Andie who ends up staying home for the summer after her summer plans fell apart right before her very eyes. Now she walks dogs and ends up meeting Clark, who she happens to run into all the time. Before long, the two of them are falling for each other.
Andie was such a strong character. I loved how intelligent she was. She also wasn't afraid to speak her mind, which was wonderful. Clark was also very awesome. The romance between the two of them was spectacular. As a reader, I could tell that they were slowly falling for each other throughout the pages and I was honestly rooting for them until the very end. They really helped each other through tough situations and were just so adorable together. 

Another great thing about this book is that Clark was a writer himself. He wrote a super popular series in the world that Matson created which honestly just made me love him even more! 
I know for sure that I'll be picking up more of Matson's novels in the future. The Unexpected Everything was one novel that I know I'll never forget. 



7 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of her books either, but this one looks so good... and SUMMERY!!! I'm glad you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Morgan's books, but this was by far my favorite of her books! Andie and Clark are my favorite of her MCs (and I especially love that he's a writer . . . I absolutely LOVED their walks together with the story of Majorie and Karl.)
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love Morgan Matson, and I really enjoyed this book, but this one isn't even my favorite by her. Though, I do think Clark is my favorite book boyfriend from her novels. Great review!

    - Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I loved this one, too -- probably my favorite MM book because of the friendship and because of Clark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book or author before, but after reading your review, I'm definitely going to check it out! It sounds like a great read, one perfect for summer!
    Great review!
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is new to me. Glad you liked it so much. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only discovered Matson's writing last year but I became fully convinced I'd found a new favourite. This is a great review for THe Unexpected Everything and I did really enjoy the relationship between Clark and Andie but it was Andie's friends who I most adored. THe thing which frustrated me most is they hadn't all gotten back together by the end, but I'm optimistic they would have grown as people and could be friends once more.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!