Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Golem by Lorenzo Ceccotti | Review

29369109Title: Golem
Author: Lorenzo Ceccotti
Publisher: Magnetic Press
Release Date: July 12, 2016
Source: Netgalley

Set in a future, post-Eurozone Italy, entrenched in a culture of hyper-capitalism, GOLEM follows young Steno Critone as he is kidnapped during a political protest gone sour. Taken in by the band of labeled "terrorists," he learns that things are not as they seem in society, and that he has the power to not only change the city, but reality itself.
This intensely imaginative political-sci-fi graphic novel is a visual tour de force, created by contemporary design icon Lorenzo Ceccotti, better known as LRNZ, whose design-influenced illustration provides a lush, fluid backdrop of manga-like dynamism with the cinematic scope of western comics, creating a style that is wholly unique and absolutely breathtaking. 

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Ever since last year, I've been the biggest fan of graphic novels. Of course, that's what drew me into Golem. 

Golem follows a young boy named Steno who is good friends with a girl named Rosabella, whose father is very important. The society that Steno lives in is overly capitalistic as it is a futuristic Italy. One day, during a terrorist attack, Rosabella's car is getting attacked and her father tells her to escape and hide. She does that but Steno sees her run by and follows her, which leads to him being taken by the terrorists. Before long, he begins to see the world differently. 

The artwork in Golem was absolutely outstanding. As far as artwork in graphic novels goes, this artwork was literally my favorite by far. It was so beautiful and breathtaking. There was so much detail on every single page and it just added to the storyline so much. 

I also really liked the world that was created in this book. It's scary because honestly it seems like the world is getting pretty capitalistic, especially with so many advertisements getting thrown at us all the time no matter what we are doing. Another great thing about this book is that it took place in Italy. I've never actually read a book that takes place there! I know for sure that I'll be recommending this book to others!


2 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds super interesting. I can't say I have read many graphic novels, but I have been getting a lot more into them recently. I definitely need to check this one out.

    Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!