Thursday, May 5, 2016

True Born by L.E. Sterling | Review

26114621Title: True Born
Author: L.E. Sterling
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Source: Netgalley

Welcome to Dominion City. After the great Plague descended, the world population was decimated... and their genetics damaged beyond repair.
The Lasters wait hopelessly for their genes to self-destruct. The Splicers pay for expensive treatments that might prolong their life. The plague-resistant True Borns are as mysterious as they are feared...
And then there's Lucy Fox and her identical twin sister, Margot. After endless tests, no one wants to reveal what they are.
When Margot disappears, a desperate Lucy has no choice but to put her faith in the True Borns, led by the charismatic Nolan Storm and the beautiful but deadly Jared Price. As Lucy and the True Borns set out to rescue her sister, they stumble upon a vast conspiracy stretching from Dominion's street preachers to shady Russian tycoons. But why target the Fox sisters?
As they say in Dominion, it's in the blood. 

**Thank you so much to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

 I honestly haven't read a dystopian novel in what feels like forever. That's why I was so excited to start reading True Born!

This story takes place in a place called Dominion City where the plague has pretty much gotten to many people. The people that are left are split into groups. There are the Lasters, the Splicers, and the True Borns. Since it's almost their eighteenth birthday, Margot and Lucy will soon be telling everyone which group they're pledging too. However, Lucy ends up pledging to the True Borns after Margot goes missing. 

I honestly loved the world that Sterling created. It was so unique and unlike any other dystopian I have read, which is definitely awesome considering there are so many dystopians in the young adult genre at this point. This is definitely one that stands out in the crowd! The different groups were very fascinating too.

I was honestly so intrigued throughout this whole story which is a huge plus. I never found myself being bored. However, it was a bit confusing in the very beginning when I was trying to get accustomed to the world. Once I understood it, I felt much better. There was also the case of instal-love which I know annoys many people. It doesn't really annoy me much. If you're looking for a fun dystopian read, definitely check this one out!


5 comments:

  1. I have been seeing this one around and everyone seems to really like it! I'm wary of insta-love but I am glad to know about it ahead of time. I think I'm going to pick it up! Thanks for the great review.

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I want to read this one. I'm glad the confusion didn't last the whole book and that you enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read a dystopian in what seems like forever either!!! When I saw this one on my list of books coming out this week, it definitely caught my eye. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I feel like I'm overdue for a good dystopian read, especially one that sounds as unique as this one does! I can handle insta-love if the story makes up for it - and it sounds like this one would do the trick for me! Glad you enjoyed this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I haven't heard of this one before, but the cover is gorgeous. It has been so long since I've read a dystopian book too and this one sounds interesting. I will definitely add this to my list to check out.


    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!