Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Society by Jodie Andrefski | Review

25711588Title: The Society
Author: Jodie Andrefski
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Source: Netgalley

Welcome to Trinity Academy's best-kept secret.
The Society.
You've been handpicked by the elite of the elite to become a member. But first you'll have to prove your worth by making it through Hell Week.
Do you have what it takes?
It's time to find out.
Samantha Evans knows she'd never get an invite to rush the Society-not after her dad went to jail for insider trading. But after years of relentless bullying at the hands of the Society's queen bee, Jessica, she's ready to take down Jessica and the Society one peg at a time from the inside out.
All it'll take is a bit of computer hacking, a few fake invitations, some eager rushes... and Sam will get her revenge.
Let the games begin.

**Thank you so much to Entangled for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I was pretty excited when I first heard about The Society. The story follows a girl named Sam who is trying to get revenge on her ex-best friend Jessica. She uses The Society to try to get revenge. 

I really liked how much background information was given to the reader in this novel. We are instantly thrown into the story of what happened between Jessica and Sam, which I loved. Nothing was really held back, so there was never any guessing. 
Another thing I absolutely loved about this novel was the characters. Sam got on my nerves sometimes, but I did really like Jeremy. He was my favorite from the very beginning. He was so sweet and cute and it was obvious that he had some feelings for Sam. He was just so comfortable around her too, which I found to be so adorable. 

The idea of a secret society in a school was very intriguing to me. I've never actually read a book with that premise so I was so excited going into this one. I mean, what if your school had a secret society? That would just be the coolest! 
I'm giving this one three stars mainly because I felt that it was a little slow. I did really enjoy it still and do recommend it if you're looking for a quick, interesting read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!