Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Season of You & Me Blog Tour!


The Season of You & Me
by Robin Constantine
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: May 10th 2016
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction, Disability

Cassidy Emmerich is determined to make this summer—the last before her boyfriend heads off to college—unforgettable. What she doesn’t count on is her boyfriend breaking up with her. Now, instead of being poolside with him, Cass is over a hundred miles away, spending the summer with her estranged father and his family at their bed-and-breakfast at the Jersey Shore and working as the newest counselor at Camp Manatee.
Bryan Lakewood is sick of nevers. You’ll never walk. You’ll never surf. You’ll never slow dance with your date at prom. One miscalculated step and Bryan’s life changed forever—now he’s paralyzed and needs to use a wheelchair. This is the first summer he’s back at his former position at Camp Manatee and ready to reclaim some of his independence, in spite of those who question if he’s up for the job.
Cass is expecting two months dealing with heartbreak.
Bryan is expecting a summer of tough adjustments.
Neither of them is expecting to fall in love.


The Season of You & Me was my very first Robin Constantine novel and I have to say that it honestly blew me away. I have heard of Robin's other novels, The Promise of Everything and The Secrets of Attraction and I knew that I had to check out her books. I'm so glad that I finally got the chance to do so!

The story follows a girl named Cassidy. She recently broke up with her boyfriend Gavin and is spending the summer with her father at the Jersey Shore. She and her father hadn't really talked much with one another though she stays with him for the summer anyway and decides to work at a summer camp. The story also follows Bryan's point of view. He's an ex-surfer as he was in an accident and is now in a wheelchair. Of course, the two of them cross paths.

I really liked Cassidy and Bryan as characters. They were both wonderful and honestly had a lot of depth. Of course, I thought it was awesome that there were dual perspectives. I've always been a fan of books that you give you more than one side to a story!

Besides characters, I was a huge fan of the family dynamic that was in this novel. Cassidy ends up getting along great with her step-brother Hunter which I really liked. He seemed to like hanging out with her too. What's even better is that Cassidy gets along with her step-mom! I found that to be really interesting because I've not actually read a book where a person likes their step-parent. It was a nice change to see in YA!

Another thing that I liked was that the pace was perfect. For me, some contemporary novels seem to drag on, but I really didn't feel that way with this novel. That's what causes me to recommend this one to many people who are looking for a great summer read! I'm for sure going to be checking out Robin's past novels too!







 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


Follow the The Season Of You & Me by Robin Constantine Blog Tour and don't miss anything! Click on the banner to see the tour schedule.



Robin Constantine is the author of The Promise of Amazing and The Secrets of Attraction. A born-and-raised Jersey girl, Robin likes to spend her days dreaming up stories where love conquers all, eventually, but not without a lot of peril, angst, and the occasional kissing scene. She loves swoony books, flip-flops, dark chocolate and the full moon.







1 comment:

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!