Thursday, May 5, 2016

Genius: The Game by Leopoldo Gout | Review

25689033Title: Genius: The Game
Author: Leopoldo Gout
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Trust no one. Every camera is an eye. Every microphone an ear. Find me and we can stop him together.
The Game: Get ready for Zero Hour as 200 geniuses from around the world go head to head in a competition hand-devised by India's youngest CEO and visionary.
The Players: Rex-One of the best programmers/hackers in the world, this 16-year-old Mexican-American is determined to find his missing brother.
Tunde-This 14-year-old self-taught engineering genius has drawn the attention of a ruthless military warlord by single-handedly bringing electricity and internet to his small Nigerian village.
Painted Wolf-One of China's most respected activist bloggers, this mysterious 16-year-old is being pulled into the spotlight by her father's new deal with a corrupt Chinese official.
The Stakes: Are higher than you can imagine. Like life and death. Welcome to the revolution. And get ready to run. 

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review!**

Since I'm a huge science fiction fan, I knew that I had to check out Genius: The Game. The book itself is so pretty. The pages are filled with images that go along with the story, which was such a plus. Genius: The Game follows a group of three geniuses who join together to participate in a competition after only being friends online.  

I think that my most favorite part of this story was the characters honestly. Rex has been looking for his brother as a hacker and he lives in the United States. Tunde is from Africa and Painted Wolf is from China. I found it so great that each character was from such a different place yet they all had the same goal in mind. 

Another thing that I really enjoyed was the amount of technology. I'm a huge science fiction geek so of course I get all excited when there's lots of cool technology. The competition itself was also very interesting and I loved that there were multiple point of views which allowed me to learn way more than I would have if it had only been one point of view.

At the end of the book, my only complaint was the killer cliffhanger ending! I'm not sure if the book is going to be part of a series, but the ending definitely left me wanting to know more. I know that I will for sure be recommending this book to any science fiction or technology fan!


1 comment:

  1. Wow I always saw this book in the new releases section of the bookstore but never bothered to read the synopsis. It sounds so interesting and definitely like something I'd enjoy! I'm actually going to look into this look into this more but I think you've sold me :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!