Monday, April 18, 2016

Pieces of You and Me by Erin Fletcher | Book Review

29851667Title: Pieces of You and Me
Author: Erin Fletcher
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Release Date: April 18, 2016
Genre: Contemporary

Five years.
That's how long I've been gone. Since I left my best friend-the girl I loved-behind.
Five seconds.
That's how long it takes to realize I am completely, utterly, screwed. Because now that I'm back, my childhood crush has turned into so much more.
Rylee has changed. We both have. And now I'm drawn to her in a completely different way. To her smile. Her touch. To reliving old memories and making new ones. To the happiness she's always given me that I haven't felt since I left.
But her friends are hell-bent on keeping us apart. My dad is one drink away from destroying both of our lives, and maybe I am, too. It's only a matter of time before I have to leave again, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I never get a choice.
The one choice I can make? Stay away from Rylee. Because if I don't, I'll break her heart-and mine-all over again.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen book contains references to drinking, addiction, and just the right amount of angst. You'll want to save this tortured hero, while at the same time, not wanting to change a single thing about him!

**Thank you so much to Entangled for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Before I start this review, I just want to tell you that this book is perfect for getting into the summer mood!

Pieces of You and Me follows both Chase and Rylee in alternating perspectives. Chase moved away 5 years ago and is finally back. He and Rylee used to be really good friends, though he had to leave because his parents were fighting a lot. Rylee was upset because Chase basically cut off all means of communication with her, but now that he's back, she wonders if things could go back to normal between them even though so much has changed.

I really loved Chase. I really felt for him and his situation. It would have to suck leaving everything you knew at such a young age and then continue leaving other places everywhere you went. It would be really hard to make friends and keep them as well. I think what he felt for Rylee was the cutest and it just sucks because all he wanted was to never hurt her again. 
Rylee was really great too. She was very fun and I liked how she felt for Chase, of course. The two of them together was honestly the cutest and I loved learning more about their old relationship. I also liked Rylee's friends as well and I thought it was funny that Mya found Chase really attractive only to realize that her best friend actually knew him already. 
I honestly can't wait to read more by Erin Fletcher after finishing this book. I read it in an entire sitting and now it's really got me in the contemporary and summer mood! If you have the chance, I highly suggest you check it out!


4 comments:

  1. Aw, this sounds great. I love a tortured hero!

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a perfect contemporary read! I love me some angst! XD

    Shell's Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a cute, sweet read! Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely checking this one out! Sounds like a good read. Great review, Krystianna!

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!