Thursday, March 10, 2016

Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum | Review

25893582Title: Tell Me Three Things
Author: Julie Buxbaum
Release Date: April 5, 2016
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Source: Publisher
Genre: Contemporary


What if the person you need the most is someone you've never met?Everything about Jessie is wrong. At least, that's what it feels like during her first week of junior year at her new ultra-intimidating prep school in Los Angeles. Just when she's thinking about hightailing it back to Chicago, she gets an email from a person calling themselves Somebody/Nobody (SN for short), offering to help her navigate the wilds of Wood Valley High School. Is it an elaborate hoax? Or can she rely on SN for some much-needed help?
It's been barely two years since her mother's death, and because her father eloped with a women he met online, Jessie has been forced to move across the country to live with her stepmonster and her pretentious teenage son.
In a leap of faith-or an act of complete desperation-Jessie begins to rely on SN, and SN quickly becomes her lifeline and closest ally. Jessie can't help wanting to meet SN in person. But are some mysteries better left unsolved?
**Thanks so much to Penguin Random House for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**


As soon as I first heard about Tell Me Three Things, I knew that it was a book that I'd adore. Despite sometimes being wrong with first impressions, I was completely right this time! Let me tell you why this book is one that you won't want to miss.

(of course, I had to do this along the lines of THREE reasons)

1. It's a contemporary but it's filled with mystery. Almost everyone loves contemporary novels, and if you don't, then I'm sure that you'd still like this book. So, there's the contemporary side to this novel, but there's also the added mystery about who this secret person is that Jessie is talking to. You are rooting for the two of them to be together, but you're also worried about who this person could possibly be. What if the person is a creeper?

2. It's a breeze to get through. I literally read this book in a day, which doesn't happen often for me. That's how I know it was just so good. I couldn't put it down and wanted to see how Jessie's life was going to play out. I blame this mainly because of how awesome of a character Jessie is. No matter who you are, you're going to like Jessie.

3. It's a contemporary without a love triangle. I know that I used to not mind love triangles until the person I was rooting for didn't end up with the protagonist. Luckily, that is not the case in this book because there is no love triangle at all! I know for sure that this is something that you will absolutely adore too.

So, if you didn't catch my drift yet, this is a book that you're going to want to preorder ASAP. April 5 will be here before you know it!


7 comments:

  1. I honestly want to read this!!! I tried getting Julie on one of my events but I suppose she's busy but the book seems lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank heavens for no love triangle. This book sounds like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for no love triangle! Also, love how you wrote your review into three reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that there is a mystery and no love triangle! Great review, definitely want to read this one!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover!! Also YAY for the mystery aspect. I just hope the love interest doesn't turn out to be the step-brother. Because those types of surprised I'm NOT into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A contemporary without a love triangle! That is a nice bonus! It definitely sounds intriguing! Great review!

    Ashley @The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!