Monday, March 14, 2016

Playing Defense by Cate Cameron | Review

29102627Title: Playing Defense
Author: Cate Cameron
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Release Date: March 14, 2016
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary
Series: Corrigan Falls Raiders #2

Sixteen-year-old Claudia Waring has never kissed a boy. Never been popular. Never been to a hockey game. All that's about to change. Assigned to tutor Chris Winslow, a prank-loving, gorgeous hockey player, Claudia's perfectly planned life immediately veers off course. And she kind of likes it. But as fun as Chris is, she knows she'll never fit in his world.
After his latest prank lands him in hot water, Chris has to get serious about school or lose hockey. Not an easy thing for someone as carefree as the defenseman. The biggest problem, though, is how much he wants to help his cute, buttoned-up tutor loosen up a little. But while confidence has never been a problem for him, around Claudia, Chris is all nerves. Why would a girl as smart as her ever fall for a jock like him?

 **Thank you so much to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review!**

To start off, I thought I'd praise Center Ice a bit, which was the first book in this series. I loved it so much and it was one of the first Entangled Crush books I read. I was super excited to hear shortly after reading it that there was going to be another book in the series following Chris. I'm so glad that I finally got the chance to read it now! I've been waiting for the longest time!

The story follows two characters, Claudia and Chris. Claudia decides to go into tutoring at the beginning of the book in order to have better stats on her college applications. Of course, she ends up tutoring for Chris, who she can't really stand because he's such a jock and seems to be a trouble maker. Chris has been part of the Raiders for a while though Claudia kind of catches him off guard because of how different she is. He really likes it. 

I loved Chris and Claudia so much! They were so cute. As soon as they met, I could instantly see some chemistry and I absolutely ate it up. I really felt for Claudia and I loved that she was really into writing because I am too. I also loved how she was very much into school and doing well, which probably would have a positive impact on Chris. 

Chris really grew on me, which I was glad about! Also, I was absolutely ecstatic that there was a cameo with Tyler and Karen because they go to the same school. I loved them so much in book one so it was so exciting to get a bit more of them in dialogue and such! I really hope there's another book, because I can't get enough of these books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!