Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Holding Court by K.C. Held | Review

23589243Title: Holding Court
Author: K.C. Held
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary
Edition: eARC

Sixteen-year-old Jules Verity knows exactly what's in store at her new job at castle-turned-dinner-theater Tudor Times. Some extra cash, wearing a fancy-pants dress, and plenty of time to secretly drool over the ever-so-tasty--and completely unavailable--Grayson Chandler. Except that it's not quite what she imagined.
For one, the costume Jules has to wear is awful. Then there's the dead body she finds that just kind of... well, disappears. Oh, and there's the small issue of Jules and her episodes of what her best friend calls "Psychic Tourette's Syndrome"--spontaneous and uncontrollable outbursts of seemingly absurd prophecies.
The only bright side? The whole dead body thing seems to have gotten Grayson's attention. Except that the more Jules investigates, the more she discovers that Grayson's interest might not be as courtly as she thought. In fact, it's starting to look suspicious...

**Thanks so much to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I've been reading so many contemporaries lately so I was glad to finally read a book with a mysterious twist! I usually start off with a summary in the beginning of my reviews, but I thought this time I'd spice it up a bit and just share my thoughts instead!

I really liked Jules as a character. I thought it was very interesting that she had these sort of premonitions so I thought it was very cool that she got the chance to work as a fortune teller at the medieval theater. I seriously feel like that would be such a fun job to have. That is until someone dies, of course.

Grayson was a pretty great character too. He was the crush of Jules for quite a while which just added to her excitement when she got the job at the local theater playing the part of the psychic. What makes it even better is that the two of them work together after Jules ends up finding the dead body. However, Grayson is dating someone who just happens to be the most perfect girl in town. 

I utterly enjoyed this book! It was a pretty quick read which made it even more awesome. I just kept turning the pages! There was also a lot of humor strewn throughout, which is always an added plus! I'm excited for more from Held in the future.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty interesting! I'm actually reading a contemporary book right now, it's been SO long since I've read any contemporary haha. I'll have to look into this one, the mystery twist sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!