Friday, February 26, 2016

The Truth by Jeffry W. Johnston | Review

26595315Title: The Truth
Author: Jeffry W. Johnston
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: February 2, 2016
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Thriller
Edition: eARC

Lies, torture, kill-there's nothing Chris and Derek wouldn't do for their younger brothers.
When Chris wakes up tied to a chair in a dark basement, he knows that he's trapped-and why. He shot and killed Derek's little brother. He had his reasons, but no matter how far Derek goes to uncover the truth about that night, Chris's story won't change. It can't. There is far too much at stake.
Derek is desperate to prove his brother didn't deserve to die. And if kidnapping his brother's killer is the only way to the truth, than he'll go to extremes. But Chris's truth is far more dangerous than Derek could have imagined, and knowing could cost both their lives...

**Thanks to Sourcebooks Fire for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a sucker for thriller books. There's just something about them. I love reading a book and not knowing what's going to happen while some crazy person in the novel is doing insane things that he/she just shouldn't be doing. The Truth was exactly that.

The novel follows Chris who killed Derek's little brother because he found him breaking into his home. He didn't know it was a child, all he knew was that he was home and had to protect his own little brother. So Derek takes Chris and ties him up in his basement in order to get some answers.


I loved how fast-paced this novel was. I was constantly wondering what was going on and I loved all the flashbacks to the past. It was interesting getting tiny little tidbits about what actually happened and how Chris ended up in Derek's basement in the first place. The only complaint I'd have is that I kind of guessed where the book was going towards the end and I was completely right. I need to remind myself not to guess about where books are going anymore because for some reason I hate it when I'm right because it makes me feel like I've spoiled myself!

^Me when I spoil myself^

Nonetheless, The Truth is one book that you won't want to miss. It's fast-paced and a very short read that will leave you breathless. 


3 comments:

  1. Spoiling yourself is the worst! I think I actively try to avoid that as well :)

    This sounds so intense and potentially upsetting but I really want to read it now! Thanks for the awesome review, Krystianna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO want to read this!!!! I don't care if it isn't going to change my life. I don't care if it isn't "deep". I just want to read a book that gets me to turn pages as fast as humanly possible. And good thrillers always do that for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!