Sunday, February 28, 2016

Meet Sarah from Kerosene Lit!

Hey guys! Today I have an interview with the lovely Sarah from Kerosene Lit!

About Sarah:
Hi, I'm Sarah, a twenty-six year old, Canadian girl who has an unapologetic obsession with reading. Kerosene Lit was created as a hobby to share my love for books in hopes of finding others with a similar passion. I can't promise a consistent posting schedule, but I can promise that I am always available to discuss anything book related. It's been wonderful to meet so many fabulous people along this journey.

What got you into reading in the first place?

I guess you could say that I’ve always been a reader. I grew up with a mother who was always reading, and I think watching her over the years has left an impression. That being said, though, in the past two years, I have been reading more than ever. Once I discovered the book community, my love for reading has skyrocketed.

To this very day, what's your favorite book and why?
That’s a really hard question. The first book that comes to mind, though, is The Program by Suzanne Young. Back before I started blogging, I used to go to the bookstore and browse the shelves in hopes of finding something interesting. I came across The Program one day and decided to pick it up. I absolutely loved it, and I’d like to thank that book for getting me into reading again.

What new release are you most looking forward to reading in 2016?
There are so many I am looking forward to. SO MANY. I could probably leave you a huge list, but I’ll leave one, as much as it pains me to do so.
The Love that Split the World by Emily Henry

What's one book that you feel didn't get enough love that you read last year?
The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett. This is a wonderfully disturbing story about parallel worlds featuring morally ambiguous characters. I still haven’t heard too many people talk about this one, but I highly recommend it.

What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
I finally read The 100 last year, so I am happy I can actually say now that the TV show far surpasses the book. Although, unlike the majority of people, I actually enjoyed the book, too.

If there was a book written about you, what would it be called and why?
I’d Rather be Reading. 
I’m not a very social person, as a rule. Under any circumstance, my usual first thought is that I’d much rather be sitting at home in my pyjamas reading.

Who's your favorite author?
Honestly, I feel like I don’t quite have one yet that stands out among others. I do really enjoy Suzanne Young, though, and I always purchase her books.

What's your favorite couple that you ship?
Emma Swan and Killian Jones from Once Upon a Time. Their relationship development is one of my favourites, and has resulted in multiple crying sessions.

What's your favorite show to binge-watch or your favorite movie?
My favourite movie of all time is Grease. Dirty Dancing is also high on my list. I have watched both of those movies more times than I can count.

Besides reading, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I feel like I need to say something really unique and exciting. But, in reality, aside from reading, I usually spend the majority of my time browsing Goodreads, scrolling through Twitter, or watching Netflix.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer the questions, Sarah!

Don't forget to check out Sarah at these places:

4 comments:

  1. I love the name Kerosene Lit! I'm not sure if it was Sarah's intention to stir up such an association, but It makes me think of "explosive" books LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same thing I thought when I saw Kerosene Lit! Catchy one!

      Delete
  2. I agree with the The 100, the TV is so much better but the books weren't terrible either.

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these interviews and what a cool blog name! I haven't read The Program but going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!