Wednesday, February 24, 2016

HOBBIES BESIDES READING


I know that we are all avid book readers here, but I'm sure that we aren't so one-dimensional that reading is all that we spend our time doing. So, I thought I'd start a discussion post where we can discuss our other hobbies!

Here are my hobbies!

1. YouTube.
I don't even know where to start with this one. I spend tons of time on the computer working on my book blog, so of course I spend a lot of time on YouTube too. I love watching Aspyn & Parker's vlogs; they are probably the only people I watch religiously. I also love watching booktubers, like Sasha Alsberg and Christine Riccio. I also spend a lot of time watching parodies because I think they're so funny! 

2. Sports.
When I say sports, I don't mean watching sports! I honestly can't stand watching sports. I do, however, mean playing sports. I play both field hockey and lacrosse, though I prefer field hockey because I started playing that a few years before I started lacrosse, so it's more of a part of me than lacrosse. However, they are both enjoyable! 

3. Netflix.
OF COURSE I HAD TO PUT NETFLIX ON THIS LIST. I recently have spent tons of time watching anime. I watched Death Note and Sword Art Online, so I'm currently watching SOA II now because the first one was so good. I also have watched and enjoyed How I Met Your Mother, Parks & Recreation, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Gossip Girl, 90210, and New Girl. I'm sure there's others... I spend a lot of time on Netflix.

4. Music.
I am literally always listening to music. I mainly listen while reading, doing homework, doing chores... so basically always. I've been currently listening to (and LOVING) the Broadway Hamilton soundtrack. It's the bomb dot com, so if you haven't checked it out, I highly suggest that you do.

5. Social Media.
I really like scrolling through social media. I don't usually post things, but I love just scrolling through and seeing what all my friends are up to.

What are some of your hobbies besides reading?

16 comments:

  1. Youtube, netflix and social media. YES. I love baking and cooking beside from reading though ;)
    I'm glad I got to know you a bit more!

    Happy reading!
    AmandaEmma @ Little Miss Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobbies...I cut stories from newspapers and put them into news scrapbooks. I've been doing it since 1994 so I've got full coverage of a lot of huge news events. I like looking back on them but they are time consuming to do! I like films and TV series, reality TV shows like Gold Rush, Ax Men, Deadliest Catch. I like photography, music and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love this post! Hobbies are so important to have.

    For me, outside of reading, my hobbies are: Knitting, photography, scrapbook, sports (watching them. I watch hockey and rugby), video games, and running. I've also been throwing around the idea of joining a local female rugby league.

    It was fun getting to know you a little better, Krystianna!

    - Elizabeth @ Book Yabber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to everything besides sports! Netflix is second for me, since I'm always splitting my time between The Office and whatever I'm reading. I also like doing research/writing for my current WIP, hanging with friends, eating (is that considered a hobby?), and occasionally doing something artsy, like making a vision board.
    Great post, Krystianna! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I wake up, I check social medias first, more for knowing everything that's going on than for saying something. I love to do that, it's part of my routine now. However, social media is SO. TIME. CONSUMING. It's crazy, ugh. I also love Netflix, because every time I'm eating alone, I'm watching an episode of something... It makes me watch a lot of shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Netflix is life ♥ Social Media and Music are both good ones too, I spend a lot of time with both hehe! I never really got hooked on youtube though which still surprises me - I mean, I listen to music on there sometimes but I don't watch many videos for some reason...lucky I guess, otherwise I'd have another thing to waste hours away on LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE DYSTOPIAN NOVELS! Also Holocaust memoirs.. I'm following you now! I'm gonna write a dystopian novel soon. Right now still brainstorming. Do you watch the Thug Notes videos on youtube about different books?

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Books, Netflix, and Music totally rule my life haha! I listen to music all the time as well. Whatever I'm doing (unless it's netflixing) I am listening to music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Netflix!! Yasssss! My hobbies are writing, reading, taking pictures, and social media!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love watching booktubers as well. Sasha is one that I love to watch. I keep meaning to try and do book tags, but I never have time to myself to film the book videos.

    I also like painting glasses to see what I'm talking go here http://www.bookaholicsanonymousonline.com/2016/02/loveathon-mix-and-match-reading-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. In terms of Social Media, I usually just go through Instagram. Aside from emails, it's one of the things I usually check in the morning. && Music!! Who does't love music? :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hobbies definitely involved Instagram and Netflix as well! Although I'm not really that big on sports. Thanks for sharing, Krystianna!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally relate to the last three! Still have to find the right sport for me....but eventually I will xD Hopefully, at least! :P
    But yeah, I totally get Netflix - I think I've seen like 15+ shows with that?? I don't even know, I've already lost count! xD Love New Girl though - one of my favourite comedies <3
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Youtube, music, and social media. YES. And yay someone else who doesn't like watching sports and just likes playing them! No one I know ever understands that, they're all like: how do you like playing sports but not watching them? I'm just like I JUST DON'T, okay?!! Haha. Also, this post kinda made me wish I had Netflix. *a girl can dream*

    Cari @ My Addiction: Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love using my Adult coloring books- and am discovering tv/movies with Xfinity that I just love-I love the DVR!! Terrific post!!
    https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10868183-joann-downie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at Youtube and Netflix! I discover a lot of new music on Youtube. Literally listen to music videos for hours. *Fist bump* for Parks & Rec and Gossip Girl. I really need to watch Doctor Who and Once Upon a Time. With Doctor Who I don't know where to start. Anyhow, other than my book blog, I have a bucket list blog where I try new recipes, crafts, and plan trips.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!