Monday, February 1, 2016

HAMILTON BOOK TAG | MAUREENKEAVY

Okay, so I don't know about you guys, but I'M CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH HAMILTON. If you haven't heard about Hamilton by now, it's a musical on Broadway all about one of America's Founding Fathers. If you couldn't guess which Founding Father it is, it's Alexander Hamilton. Anyway, the music is all R&B and Hip-Hop! It's so amazing, and if you've not checked out the album, I highly suggest you do. It's currently all on Spotify, and seriously, check it out!

I wasn't tagged by anyone to do this tag, but I saw it on Maureen's channel, and I knew I just had to do it. So this is the Hamilton book tag, created by the wonderful Maureenkeavy! Click here to check out the original video.

Before you start, be warned, there may be spoilers for The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

60685516654313940945818406862
Of course, I had to choose the world that Maggie Stiefvater created in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series! I mean, common. A world where werewolves change based on the temperature? HOW COOL IS THAT?! I mean, I don't know if I'd actually be a werewolf, but I still think that the idea was so cool and unique, even though the world itself is our world.
(I hope you enjoy the Teen Wolf gif, it's one of my favorite shows!)

15842439For this, I had to choose Julie from Warm Bodies. This book got so much hype when the movie came out, but I feel nobody talks about the book or the movie anymore! But seriously, it's one of my favorites. I LOVED IT. Plus, Julie is a total badass. 



I've got to go with Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby, which is my all-time favorite classic. It was just so wonderful! Anyway, Gatsby pretty much spent the whole book trying to get Daisy back, so he's obviously perfect for this. He definitely did not throw away his shot.

LOOK AT HIM. That's a man who knows what he wants and will throw parties just to prove it.

77353331581281413125947
I read this whole book shipping for one couple only for Cassia to end up with someone different! IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING. Alas, the series is still one of my faves.

If you've read the Gone series by Michael Grant, then you'll know who Cain is. HE IS MY FAVORITEST VILLAIN EVER. In fact, he's kind of my favorite character in the whole series. He's just so evil and I love him. Plus, he is kinda sassy and funny at times.

For this one, I'm going to have to go with the twist in In a World Just Right by Jen Brooks. I was completely blown away and questioned pretty much everything in my life after the truth was revealed. I still am having trouble getting over what had happened. 



176239751284213422021611
I marathoner the Just One Day series like crazy. It was a book a day and I just couldn't stop! THEY WERE SO AMAZING. If you're a romance lover, or just a book lover in general, you need to pick up these books. I mean, the characters travel all over the place! It will definitely set aflame your inner wanderlust.

Even though I just read this one, I'm going to have to choose Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas. It's told through letters from two different characters, and Leah Thomas did such a wonderful job. The two characters have such distinct voices and are both entirely unique from one another. I ate it right up!


Okay, I'm sorry, but how could I go with anything besides Harry Potter for this one!? It's LEGENDARY. Readers will continue to travel and go on adventures in the wonderful world that J.K. Rowling created for generations. By the way, I recently retook the Pottermore test and I'm still Slytherin AND PROUD.

Okay, HOW CAN I CHOOSE ANYTHING BESIDES FINNICK ODAIR!? He will live on forever in my heart! He was just so amazing and he will be missed. But... think about it. At the end, he could've pushed Katniss down and survived. He could have been the new Mockingly and led the world to victory! Finnick could've lived happily with his new kid and Annie! 

How would you answer these questions? 

If you're interested in doing this tag, then feel free to do it! Just remember to link back to the awesome Maureenkeavy! 

12 comments:

  1. I love your answers and Harry Potter would have been my answer too. An underrated female character would be a secondary character in The Legendary Human by Susan Kaye Quinn. I can't remember her name but she is a close friend of the character the MC has a crush on. In one scene during a special Olympics she does a poem about maintaining her humanity in a world where people were freely throwing theirs away to become 'higher beings'. It was so touching and firey. Oh my God the feels.

    The book world I would go into is Harry Potter. I'm a wizard take me to Howarts, stat! A character who goes after what they want...I pick Bella Swan. I can hear the eye rolls but Bella wanted to be with Edward and went all the way for him. Sassiest Villain goes to Snow from The Hunger Games (both the book and movie versions were perfection) for taking villainy and making it slick, hard and fashionable. Most heartbreaking ending to a relationship I ever read. First I'm writing a novel right now that has a super sad ending and for one of the first times ever it is really bothering me. I'm not going to change it but after my past of keeping and killing characters with finesse... I actually feel kind of like a murderer. It's that intense. For the ones who want me to pick a book not by me I have to go with Lupin and Tonks from Harry Potter. I mean that was just sadness on acid. Marathoned series would be Divergent series which I read as soon as I got them like mad. Even faster than the Potter books (but J.K. Rowling is still the better author and book series). While I agree Finnick was a great choice for the stay alive character I choose for myself Snape from Harry Potter and Bree from the novella and Eclipse.

    Wow this was a super long comment. Glad I popped in and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great answers. Harry Potter being remembered throughout history is an obvious answer but you're right, you had to say it. And Gatsby is a great answer for My Shot! This is fantastic! I am obsessed with Hamilton. I may do this tag at some point.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I WASN'T AWARE THERE WAS A HAMILTON BOOKTAG??? I'm racing to do this right now... love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! It's so much fun! I love the world in Wolves of Mercy Falls too and I love Teen Wolf. Thanks for that gif! *Swoon* Derek <3 Also I definitely agree with you about Julie from Warm Bodies. She is such an awesome character! I loved the Just One Day series too.

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the warm Bodies book, but I've seen the movie and really liked it. I haven't heard that much about the book, so it kind of slipped my mind that there was even a book in the first place.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS AMAZING! I love all of your picks and they fit perfectly to the theme! Going to do a post on this too :P Thanks for sharing.

    P.S. FINNICK ODAIR'S DEATH MADE MY HEART BREAK! I was on the verge of tears in the cinema, and while I was reading the books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAH, this was too much fun to read!! :D Hahah. Loved it. AND YES CAN FINNICK PLEASE JUST COME BACK TO LIFE OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED THE IDEA OF Wolves of Mercy Falls, changing to a wolf thanks to the temperature is awesome. But staying in wolf after some time is NOT good. Thank God for that end. Julie from Warm Bodies is totally a Kick-Ass Woman... hoping to see more of her in the coming sequel. Wait! Did you read the whole Matched books for C&M? I totally read it all because of C&K! I'm sorry that your ship sank. I really liked Just One Day books by Gayle Forman, but every time I read something of her... it gives me a hard time. AND OH POOR FINNICK! Why couldn't he stayed alive like Haymitch told Katniss? Crying a river!

    GReat post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH FINNICK ODAIR WHAT EVEN. I know, someone should bring him back :( I only read one book of Gayle Forman, which was If I Stay. I'm glad you marathoned her books and enjoyed them. Maybe I should give them a try though :P

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yes, Because You'll Never Meet Me! I cried a lot on that book. *Sigh.* Wanting to read it all over again. I have my review of it and a Q&A portion with Leah Thomas! I think you might want to check it out bc I asked for the two main character's penmanship. (She sent me a photo of it!)

    Yani at Paper Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun tag!!! I will save it and do it later because I SO WANT to talk about one particular book but can't because spoilers. ugghhh. Anyway, such cool answers and YA SLYTHERIN. Let's rule the world together. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this tag! I've recently become obsessed with Hamilton and am thinking of doing this tag on my blog as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!