Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright | Blog Tour


The Heir and the Spare
by Emily Albright
Publisher: Merit Press
Release Date: January 18th 2016
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Chick Lit, British Literature, New Adult


Family can be complicated. Especially when skeletons from the past pop up unexpectedly. For American Evie Gray, finding out her deceased mother had a secret identity, and not one of the caped crusader variety, was quite the surprise. Evie’s mom had a secret life before she was even born, one that involved tiaras.
In this modern day fairytale, Evie is on a path to figure out who her mom really was, while discovering for herself what the future will hold. Charged with her late mother’s letters, Evie embarks on a quest into her past. The first item on the list is to attend Oxford, her mom’s alma mater. There, Evie stumbles upon a real life prince charming, Edmund Stuart the second Prince of England, who is all too happy to be the counterpart to her damsel in distress.
Evie can’t resist her growing attraction to Edmund as they spend more time together trying to unravel the clues her mother left behind. But, when doubts arise as to whether or not Edmund could ever be with an untitled American, what really ends up unraveling is Evie’s heart. When Evie uncovers all the facts about her mom’s former life, she realizes her mom’s past can open doors she never dreamed possible, doors that can help her be with Edmund. But, with everything now unveiled, Evie starts to crack under the pressure of new family responsibilities and the realization that her perfect prince may want her for all the wrong reasons.
Though it may not be clear when you take a look at my blog and the past books I've read, I'm a huge fan of the United Kingdom. I love shows that take place there (Doctor Who and Downton Abbey, to name a few) and I absolutely love music from British artists. So, obviously I was SUPER pumped to get the chance to be part of the blog tour for this book!

This wonderful novel follows Evie who just got into Oxford in England for college. She has just arrived and ends up making a few friends, though one who definitely sticks out to her is Edmund, whom keeps claiming that he doesn't know how she doesn't know who he is. He kind of likes it and teases her about it as well. Needless to say, Edmund is actually the spare to the English throne! Of course, he has an Intended that his parents want him to be with in case he ends up ruling, so Evie doesn't see how she'd ever possibly get the chance to be with him.

The main reason why Evie decided to go to Oxford when she was from Seattle was all because of these letters that she has been receiving from her mom. She receives letters with missions and every time she completes one, she gets another. Her mom wrote all of these letters right before she died, so Evie definitely cherishes them. Before long, Evie uncovers some pretty cool stuff about her past thanks to her letters. Some of the stuff involves family secrets that even her father wasn't aware of!
I ABSOLUTELY CHERISHED THIS BOOK. I fell hard for the world that Albright wrote in; I mean, who doesn't love England?!
On top of that, the whole idea of royalty always lures me in. I don't know what it is about it. Perhaps it's the fact that I will never be royalty so I'm so incredibly fascinated by it? I DON'T KNOW, but this book met all my royalty desires.
I really loved the relationship between Edmund and Evie. They were so cute whenever they were hanging out together and I ate up those moments, which were pretty much scattered ceaselessly throughout the novel. I also loved how incredibly shocked Evie was when she found out that Edmund was a Royal. I would've been just as shocked!
I know for sure that I'm going to be picking up more novels by Albright in the future, and I honestly think that this is a 2016 novel that you won't want to miss! 


 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


Follow the The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright Blog Tour and don't miss anything! Click on the banner to see the tour schedule.



Emily Albright's debut novel, THE HEIR AND THE SPARE, is releasing January 18, 2016 from Merit Press.

She's a writer, a major bookworm, a lover of romantic movies, a wife, a mother, an owner of one adorable (yet slightly insane) cockapoo, and uses way too many :).


US ONLY





11 comments:

  1. I'm equally as obsessed with royalty too! It's so glamorous and exciting. Evie's story is my legit dream come true, so of course I'm dying to read this!! I'm so happy you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you enjoyed this one so much. I promise if you lived here, you wouldn't love it as much ;) haha That's probably just me talking because it is absolutely freezing and miserable in England right now. The book sounds really interesting, might be one I would try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't this book just amazing? I finished it in one day - I couldn't get enough! It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so curious about this book! It was my WoW a while ago, I also adore books that involve "royalty" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing as I am kind of obsessed, for some reason, with The Royals this book honestly seems so perfect for me! I'm glad you liked it and that I am not alone in my obsession with things having to do with royalty lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a cutesy romance and this one sounds really fun! I'm UK based or I would have entered the giveaway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge UK fan as well and added this book to my TBR list as soon as I saw it. Fortunately, I have an ARC and plan on reading it soon. I happy to hear that you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently reading this book and I am enjoying it! If you liked this one, you should check out The Royal We...have you read it? One of my favorite books of 2015. Great review and thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard some really good things about this one! I am British so I am glad to see someone showing our country some love <3 But this sounds like the perfect romantic fun book for me to read from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything England too, and royalty of course! This sounds like a really fun read, I'll have to check it out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!