Monday, January 18, 2016

Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater | Review

18406862Title: Sinner
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: July 1, 2014
Source: Library
Genre: Fantasy
Edition: ebook


found. Cole St. Clair has come to California for one reason: to get Isabel Culpepper back. She fled from his damaged, drained life, and damaged and drained it even more. He doesn't just want her. He needs her.
lost. Isabel is trying to build herself a life in Los Angeles. It's not really working. She can play the game as well as all the other fakes... but what's the point? What is there to win?
sinner. Cole and Isabel share a past that never seemed to have a future. They have the power to save each other and the power to tear each other apart. The only thing for certain is that they cannot let go. 
I read the Wolves of Mercy Falls series way before I started blogging, which was early 2012/late 2011. I absolutely ate it up and couldn't stop reading. I loved the werewolf idea of changing when it gets cold and the romance between Grace and Sam. I also came to love Isabel and Cole... before long, Cole was one of my all time favorite characters ever. To this day, he still is. That's why I was so pumped when I heard that there was going to be a book all about him and Isabel! *happy dances*
Sinner takes place after the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Isabel's parents are currently separated, her older brother has died, and she and her mom moved to California. Cole, on the other hand, decides to go out to California and work on an album while also being on a TV show with Baby North, who is known for ruining the careers of so many pop stars. However, the main reason that Cole decides to go to California is to see Isabel, of course.
This book was filled with so many feels. I loved learning more about Isabel and Cole and I was rooting for them the whole time. I mean, I loved it when they were together in Mercy Falls! I also really liked the change of scenery. Don't get me wrong, I loved Mercy Falls, but there's just something so appealing about the big cities in California.

Of course, my favorite point of view to read from was Cole, even though it was a dual POV with Isabel. Cole is just so hilarious yet melancholy at the same time. I honestly don't know how he does it. But I do know that he is so in love with Isabel to the point where he will do anything for her, which is why Isabel and Cole will forever be one of my top ships.
I'm sad to say goodbye to this series (for a second time)! However, if there are any more books written in this series in the future, I'll be sure to pick it up. I also want to check out everything else that Maggie has written because I'm in LOVE with her writing. It's just so lyrical!


12 comments:

  1. I recently read this entire series for the first time and despite being worried that I wouldn't fall in love with them, I completely did! I adored the unique take on werewolves and I loved the characters, the tone, the romance...EVERYTHING. Sinner was an excellent way to get more Cole and more romance for him and Isabel, in a new setting to boot! Just reading your review here makes me want to reread the series :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that you completely loved it! It's one of my favorite series too and I loved the uniqueness. I definitely think I'm due for a reread too!

      Delete
  2. I accidentally bought this book without reading the rest of the series loll. For some reason I thought it was like a novella but it doesn't seem like it is. I loove Maggie's writing and I don't know why I keep waiting to pick up the rest of this series! Anyways, great review, Isabel and Cole seem so cute together and I feel like whenever I hear about this series they are always brought up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the chance, definitely pick up the rest of the series! I read it years ago yet it's stuck with me so well because of how much I loved it. Isabel & Cole are my OTP!

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the series and love the Teen Wolf gif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Teen Wolf. Their gifs work perfectly with this review!

      Delete
  4. This looks interesting. It just struck me that I need to finish the Shiver trilogy. Maybe this will motivate me to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope it does! The series finale is awesome. :)

      Delete
  5. I liked Cole's point of view, but Isabelle's point of view just drove me bonkers! I read this series before I started blogging too, so it was a good extension of the series. Lovely review Krystianna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this one. It was my favorite actually of the series. Cole is fantastic, and I love their love story. It was a fantastic addition to the Wolves of Mercy falls books.

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had this since the summer I went to BEA, before it came out, and still haven't read it! I've got to hurry up and pick it up. I always seem to do that with Maggie's books. I put them off, no idea why, and then once I finally pick them up, it's like I can't tear myself away to do anything! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even realise this one was related to the Mercy Falls series! I read Shiver but really didn't like it so I stopped there... I was wondering whether I should try another book by her from a different series or are her books too similar?

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!