Sunday, January 3, 2016

Life & Blogging Goals | 2016

Hey guys! I can't believe that it's 2016 already... can you? I mean, the year just flew by! All of a sudden it was Christmas and now it's a new year. Like how?!

Anyway, every year I try to make a list of new goals/resolutions for the New Year on my blog, so this year I thought I'd do the same to keep up the tradition. Anyways, here are my goals!

I recently found this challenge called the 52 Book Challenge (at least that's what I think it's called). The challenge basically has you read 52 books, but they all have to follow the criteria. It seems like a lot of fun and it would also help me broaden my reading a bit which is something I definitely want to do! I'm hoping to completely finish the challenge by January 1, 2017.

I'm a huge fan of gifs and I honestly think that they can significantly add to a post. Plus, I consider myself to be a funny person, though I'm not sure that completely comes across that well in my blogging! I think that using gifs could definitely help with that. In addition, I really want to use more graphics! They're super fun to make but they can take time, which is what I think stopped me from using them so much in the past. However, I feel they can also make posts seem way more professional and sleek, which I LOVE.

This is more of a personal blogging goal, but I'd love to reach 1000 followers through Bloglovin'. I'm currently at 676!

I don't know about you, but the reason I joined the blogging community was to make some friends who absolutely love reading in addition to sharing my thoughts & talking to others about books that I love. I'd love to make some new blogging friends in the next year!

If you've been following me since the ancient times (like, 2012), then you know about all my old memes I used to do. I kind of started off my blog with a HUGE creativity spurt and had way too many ideas to control. I had a meme that was called Great Expectations where I talked about books that didn't have enough hype and books that had a lot of hype in which I voiced my opinions. I also did music recommendations a lot in addition to blogger interviews. I've kind of been slacking on those a bit lately and I want to get back into the swing of doing those because I think they're so much fun! So whether it's bringing back the old or starting a new meme, I definitely want to stick to ones that I've made myself and maybe even get some other people to join in! I also do My Momentous Month every single month which is my version of monthly wrap ups, and I'd love to get some people to join in on that too. I think it would be a lot of fun!

What're some of your 2016 blogging & life goals? 

9 comments:

  1. These are some really great resolutions. Who doesn't love a good gif? I want to try and be more active on Twitter, there are so many bookish friends to find! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck reaching all your goals! I am right there with you on number 4. I'm not a social person in real life, so it's hard to do it online, but I've got to force myself to get involved. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not sign up for any reading challenges except the one on Goodreads. Haha. And though I did not include it in my list, I hope to make more bookish and blogging friends too. :) Good luck with your goals. And happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Goals! I should definitely use more gifs in my reviews!
    I wish you the best of luck with your goals this year!
    Aneta @ Angelic Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some excellent goals! The 52 challenge sounds like fun. I hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can absolutely do it! Wishing you good luck on your new year resolutions!!

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these girl! You can do it! I have created a few new features on my blog that I am really excited about too! I used to do Music Mondays, because I love all things music, but I recently changed it a bit to squeeze it and still be bookish centered. The Great Expectations sounds great! Definitely bring it back if you have the time! :)

    I really got away from Twitter in 2015, but I definitely want to be more social again. (For me it was more of a lack of time)

    I totally approve of more .gifs. I love looking at them. Haha!

    Happy 2016 Krystianna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of the 52 book challenge. I didn't want to take on too much as far as challenges go, but this one looks really good. I might have to unofficially attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These goals are fantastic! The 52 books challenge looks really fun. I also feel you on making blog friends. It's such a fun part of being a blogger, especially a book focused blogger. You need friends to gush about ALL THE BOOKS!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!