Sunday, January 17, 2016

Blogger Interview | Without A Book

Today I'm here with an awesome interview with Christine of Without A Book!

Here's the questions! :)


1. Hardcover or paperback?
Paperback because it’s easier to transport when you’re on the go.

2. Book or e-copy?
I will never be a digital reader. I enjoy the sensory experience of reading a physical book too much.

3. Library or bookstore?
Bookstore, but I split a lot of my buying between the internet (Amazon because it’s cheap), Barnes & Noble, and my local recycled bookstores. I saw a homeless person spit in a library book once and that was kind of it for me.

4. New books or used books?
I don’t discriminate as long as either isn’t in an unreadable condition.

7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
I hope no one would answer horror or thriller to this question! I’d have to say fantasy but only if it was somewhere like Middle Earth and by Middle Earth I mean the Rivendell portion, not Mordor. I’d want something enchanted and peaceful; it’d be fun to live somewhere magical!

8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
J.K. Rowling; she’s the reason I read! But Guillermo del Toro would be cool too. I’m sure he’d be very interesting to talk to; his dark, fanciful imagination blows me away every time! He’s my kind of storyteller.

13. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
I think you’ve got to go with The Lord of the Rings. It is so epic in scale, the casting is spot on, and the soundtrack has given the story a voice it didn’t have before. Only thing that could match it is Harry Potter in my book.

15. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
In a way that drives everyone but me crazy. They’re in alphabetical order by the author’s last name and they are lined up on the shelf so that no spine sticks out or is pushed in farther than the others. Every time my dad comes to my house, he makes a point of moving one of my books out of place because he knows it drives me insane.

18. What’s your least favorite genre and why?
I’m not the biggest fan of the mystery genre. They have to be part thriller so that the pace is quick and engaging, otherwise I get bored.

19. Who’s your favorite author?
Jane Austen is one I can always come back too and be happy. Her voice as a writer is so familiar and comforting. It’s like hanging out with an old friend when you curl up with one of her romance stories.

20. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
I usually have the TV on while I read even though I know this causes me to read slower. I like to have a little bit of background noise but TV seems to be the only thing I can tolerate.

21. How many books do you usually read at a time?
I don’t know how others do it but I can only focus on one book at a time. I think it would be too hard to remember everything going on in each book or all the characters, especially books with large casts of people.

22. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite?
Ok first it’d be James Bond because he would make the party so classy and cool…007 style. Dracula because I’d like to see how alluring he really is in person. Finally, I’d round it out by inviting Tyrion from the Game of Thrones series because he is just hilarious.

Christine's Links:
Twitter: @withoutabook
Blog Email: p3mbrly@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. WHAT? I can't believe a homeless person would have the gall to spit in a library book! Omg that's so terrible. *cries* Poor book.Ugh yes though, Lord of the Rings is basically life, movies and books and all.

    - Aila @ One Way Or An Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all love Jane Austen, she is MUST for romance readers.
    great interview.
    Ruty @Reading…Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally met J.K. Rowling as well. I'm currently rereading Harry Potter and it's totally Magical. Thanks For Visiting @QuartzFeather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much again for interviewing my blog and featuring it on your site! It was really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!