Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
1. Andy Weir So, I read The Martian this year and absolutely loved it. Of course, I saw the movie too. I thought the book was better, but when is the movie ever actually better? I also read one of his short stories in Press Start to Play.
2. Shay Mitchell I got the chance to read Bliss and it was amazing! I can't wait to read more from her in the future.
3. Samantha Shannon I read both The Bone Season and The Mime Order in the very beginning of 2015, and they were both instantly favorites. I'm super pumped to continue on with the series.
4. E. Lockhart I finally got the chance to read We Were Liars and I completely ate it up. I definitely want to check out more of her works.
5. Gayle Forman I don't know if this really counts, but I'm considering her a new author to me because I didn't much like If I Stay. However, I loved Just One Day and Just One Year.
6. Cecelia Ahearn I read Love, Rosie and it was just utterly magical. I know that I want to read more by Cecelia.
7. F. Scott Fitzgerald I had to read The Great Gatsby for my English class and I can honestly say it's my favorite classic.
8. M. Beth Bloom Don't Ever Change may very well be my favorite book of the year.
9. Sarah J. Maas Guys, I finally read Throne of Glass! I definitely need to continue on with the series. Needless to say, I now know why everyone loves it so much.
10. Ellen Hopkins I've always been curious about reading her books because of the way that they're set up, but I adored Crank.