Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015


1. Andy Weir So, I read The Martian this year and absolutely loved it. Of course, I saw the movie too. I thought the book was better, but when is the movie ever actually better? I also read one of his short stories in Press Start to Play.

2. Shay Mitchell I got the chance to read Bliss and it was amazing! I can't wait to read more from her in the future.

3. Samantha Shannon I read both The Bone Season and The Mime Order in the very beginning of 2015, and they were both instantly favorites. I'm super pumped to continue on with the series.

4. E. Lockhart I finally got the chance to read We Were Liars and I completely ate it up. I definitely want to check out more of her works.

5. Gayle Forman I don't know if this really counts, but I'm considering her a new author to me because I didn't much like If I Stay. However, I loved Just One Day and Just One Year.

6. Cecelia Ahearn I read Love, Rosie and it was just utterly magical. I know that I want to read more by Cecelia.

7. F. Scott Fitzgerald I had to read The Great Gatsby for my English class and I can honestly say it's my favorite classic.

8. M. Beth Bloom Don't Ever Change may very well be my favorite book of the year.

9. Sarah J. Maas Guys, I finally read Throne of Glass! I definitely need to continue on with the series. Needless to say, I now know why everyone loves it so much.

10. Ellen Hopkins I've always been curious about reading her books because of the way that they're set up, but I adored Crank. 
 

7 comments:

  1. I love Sarah J. Maas! I also enjoyed Lockhart and Forman when I read them. The Great Gatsby is the only book we read in my school that I actually enjoyed. I still need to get to the Bone Season (it's massive) and the Martian. Great picks! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecelia Ahern is brilliant. I've not read Love, Rosie yet but I would definitely recommend PS I Love You. It had me laughing one minute and crying the next!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!! The Great Gatsby was one of my favorite books that I read in high school. I really liked E. Lockhart's We Were Liars as well. I still need to read Throne of Glass. I purchased it before my summer vacation, but it is still on my nook unread. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it!

    My TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-new-to-me-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Just One Day this year, too! That was my first book by her and I really loved it, though I don't plan on reading If I Stay since I already saw the movie and have no interest. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES SARAH J MAAS!! Woot! It's crazy to me how quickly that woman's books made their way into my all-time favorites ♥ I am a crazy fangirl and I have no regrets LOL! I still need to read The Martian though but I'm planning to do so soon :) Awesome picks^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! Gayle Forman is one of my all time faves!!

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!