Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Krystianna's Top 15 of 2015!


To start off, I decided to make some images for this post, because one of my blogging resolutions is to add more fun graphics to posts. In the comments be sure to tell me what you think about them! If they're bad, I apologize. I don't make images much!

This year, I read over 160 books when my goal was actually only 50! I'm still incredibly impressed with myself!
the suite life on deck the suite life gif

I honestly don't know how I did it. Anyways, because I read so many books, it was extremely difficult to narrow it down to 10 books, so I decided to do top 15! Without further ado, here are my faves of the year!

Looking back on the review that I wrote for this one, I can't believe that I gave it only 4 stars, especially because it's a book that has really stuck with me throughout 2015! I loved this one; it was filled with terror and horror and I absolutely loved the characters. It was great!
My Rating: 4/5

For those of you who have been following me for a while, you know that I absolutely LOVE Ernest Cline's Ready Player One. I'll literally read anything that man writes. His stories are filled with geeky references and trust me, everyone has an inner geek, especially us book nerds. Anyways, this one was all about video games and the possibility of them being used to train armies in case of alien attacks, which was an absolutely crazy plot idea. I LOVED IT.
My Rating: 5/5

M Y   R E V I E W 
I remember reading quite a few negative reviews on this one before I got the chance to read it, so I was quite nervous about it! However, when I finally read it, I fell in love with the characters. The main character *loves* writing and it was just a wonderful story for the summer! I don't know how anyone could possibly not like it, to be honest!
My Rating: 5/5

M Y   R E V I E W 
This story was literally a hidden gem and I know that it's something so many people in the book community would love! *cue advertisement voice here* DO YOU LOVE READING? *shake head yes here* DO YOU LOVE FAIRY TALES? *shake head yes here once again* DO YOU LOVE UNIQUELY WRITTEN TALES, PERHAPS IN THE FORM OF LETTERS? *nod eagerly here* THEN THIS, MY FRIENDS, IS THE BOOK FOR YOU! *begin to drool and stare in awe*
No, honestly, THIS BOOK IS WRITTEN AFTER FAIRY TALES HAVE ENDED AND THE PRINCESSES BEGIN TO GO INTO THE REAL WORLD. It's amazing. Read it. Oh, plus it's written through letters. You'll love it, 100% guarantee.
My Rating: 5/5

M Y   R E V I E W 
This was actually one of my favorite reviews that I've written this year, so if you haven't read it, you should. Or you know, you don't have to. But yeah, loved writing that review!
I know that so many people didn't like this book because they saw the plot twist coming, but I didn't. So if you're like me and you don't realize plot twists early on, then you've gotta read this one. No ifs, ands, or buts. Seriously.
My Rating: 5/5

M Y   R E V I E W 
I originally only picked this one up because of the movie that featured Lily Collins and Sam Claflin, who plays Finnick Odair in the Hunger Games movies, who is literally one of my fave characters of all time. *insert corny Finnick joke here*
love rosie movie lily collins gif
I loved this book because it was written over the span of around 40 years through letters between two best friends... Rosie & Alex. If you love quirky books about life and friendship, then this one is for you! Oh, and don't forget to check out the movie. I loved that. 10/10, would watch again.
My Rating: 5/5

M Y   R E V I E W 
I'm a massive fan of Project Runway. Yes, you heard right. On top of reading and Netflix, I also love fashion and watching people create fashion. Material Girls mixed Project Runway with dystopian and it was done so perfectly. Plus, it's a standalone. How can you go wrong!?
My Rating: 5/5

 M Y   R E V I E W 
This one is a pretty recent release actually and it's all about a virtual reality world and what happens when you go into them. So yes, it's another dystopian. I'm sorry guys but it's my favorite genre so I guess I'm not really sorry! Anyway, this one is worth the read if you love science fiction like me.
My Rating: 5/5

 M Y   R E V I E W 
I'm sure this is one that almost all of you have read by now. If not, then you've been living under a hole since 2013 like apparently I have. Seriously though, this is every book nerd's paradise. It's literally about a fangirl, like you and me. Read it. Go on. NOW.
My Rating: 5/5

 R E V I E W   I S   N O T   U P   Y E T .
If I had to choose one favorite book for this year, then Illuminae would be it. I'd literally throw all the other books out because of this one. Seriously, if you're going to read one book next year, then this better be it. It's filled with futuristic outer-spacey fighting and love and romance and artificial intelligences and destruction and heartbreak and death. READ IT GUYS. I haven't even been able to put together my thoughts enough to write a review!
My Rating: 5/5

 M Y   R E V I E W 
If you're ever feeling down, THIS IS THE BOOK TO READ. It's the perfect romance set in different places around the world and that's why you should read it. Honestly, it's also perfect for getting you out of a reading slump. YOU'RE WELCOME.
My Rating: 5/5

 M Y   R E V I E W 
This book literally showed up on my porch in a box one day from Bloomsbury, and a few days later I got an arc of the sequel. I immediately started reading, and fell in love with the world. This world is so magnificent plus it takes place in London. I honestly don't know what's not to love. However, it is set to be part of a 6 book series, so if you're more into binge-reading and not about that waiting for next book life, then you may want to hold off.
My Rating: 5/5

 M Y   R E V I E W 
This was my first David Levithan book and I wish people had told me to read books by him earlier, ESPECIALLY THIS ONE. It was yet another brilliant love story, though it was incredibly unique because the main character, "A", wakes up as someone else every day. I don't know how in the world "A" went on every day with this happening.
My Rating: 5/5


M Y   R E V I E W 
I hadn't even realized till now that there were two Rainbow Rowell books on here... I guess that just goes to show how awesome of a writer she is! I had seen some pretty negative reviews about this one too, but I ended up loving it. The main character finds a phone that lets her talk to her husband in the past, when he was in his 20's. HOW COOL IS THAT!?
My Rating: 5/5



What were some of your favorite books of 2015? What did you think about my images... yay or nay?

20 comments:

  1. Eeeeeep! Ok so I just read (listened to) Ready Player One for the first time and zOMG I LOVED IT!!! I'm planning on reading Armada soon but just seeing it here is motivation enough to get going asap XD Ernest Cline truly knows how to speak geek <3 I read Fangirl last year but it made my favourites list that year too! I'm planning on reading Illuminae VERY early in 2016…and trying not to kick myself *too* hard for not reading it sooner LOL! Awesome picks Krystianna^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nexis I was curious about, mainly because of the cover which caught my eye. And Fangirl- yes that was fun. I like Regan her roommate a lot. she cracked me up. :)

    I liked Illuminae too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your images! :)

    I haven't read any of these, save for Every Day. I've got Illuminae on my want-to-read list, though; most readers seem to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!! I really enjoyed We Were Liars, Fangirl, and Landline as well. I haven't read the others, but I will check them out.

    My TTT: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-most-anticipated.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see Every Day on your list. It's still my favorite David Levithan book. And I've seen Illuminae in the bookstores a few times but I've been going back and forth between buying it or not. Still not sure if I should... I really don't know. Haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your accomplishments!!! I absolutely loved Every Day and Fangirl. Two of my favorites :) I own Illuminae and hope to read it soon. I also read and enjoyed We Were Liars and Landline. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10/10 for the images! ;) Wow congrats on your mind-blowing total of 160! I'm so glad you enjoyed Fangirl and We Were Liars! I highly enjoyed them! Also, I think I'm finally going to pick up some of these books since you praised them so nicely. Love, Rosie is a bandwagon I need to jump on. :)

    -Megan, Books of Fascination

    http://booksoffascination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on exceeding your goal, that's amazing! I really enjoyed We Were Liars as well. I was lucky enough to stay away from any spoilers before reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We Were Liars and Illuminae were two of my favorite books of the year too, so I am so glad to see them on here. xD Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read a Rainbow Rowell book yet. But I'm planning to remedy that this coming year!\

    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on rocking your reading this year! I loved Fangirl and Landline too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow 160 books! That's really amazing :)
    I fell in love with Rainbow Rowell this year too. Fangirl was SO great and Landline wasn't my favourite of hers but I still enjoyed it. I have a copy of Illuminae but haven't started it yet so I really need to get to that!
    Also I really love your graphics. I love how you incorporated the covers! So cool :)

    ­­ -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your graphics are amazing - and congrats on reading that many novels!

    I did see the Love, Rosie movie and liked it quite a lot. But never read the book. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh awesome picks! I haven't read most of these (only read Illuminae and Fangirl) but I've heard amazing things about the other books. I'll definitely shift them to a higher place on my TBR now :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list, lady! I looooove Illuminae SO much, and Fangirl was a favorite of mine last year. :)
    I plan on reading Just One Day/Year in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Illuminae and Nexis sound so intriguing, and I'm hoping to read them in 2016! So happy you to hear you loved them so much! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool list! Illuminae sounds really awesome. I'll have to add that to my TBR list. Some of my favorites of 2015 were Marissa Meyer's Cress, Scarlet, and Fairest. I also loved Storm Siren by Mary Weber. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on reading more than your goal! I loved Fangirl, Just One Day, We Were Liars, and Landline too. I really want to read Love, Rosie soon and watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those banners are beautiful, just so you know! I've only read We Were Liars from your picks, and that also made my top 15 list too! I really want to read some of these in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WE WERE LIARS yes yes yes! Sadly, I didn't love Armada. I badly wanted to since I worship RPO but it didn't click with me. Glad you loved it though!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!