Saturday, November 14, 2015

Book Review: Infinity Lost by S. Harrison

26580636Title: Infinity Lost
Author: S. Harrison
Publisher: Skyscape
Release Date: November 1, 2015
Genre: Dystopian
Edition: Paperback

In the near future, one corporation, Blackstone Technologies, has changed the world: no disasters, no poverty, and life-altering technology. Blackstone has the impunity to destroy—or create—as it sees fit.
Infinity “Finn” Blackstone is the seventeen-year-old daughter of Blackstone’s reclusive CEO—but she’s never even met him. When disturbing dreams about a past she doesn’t remember begin to torment her, Finn knows there’s only one person who can provide answers: her father.
After Finn and an elite group of peers are invited to Blackstone’s top-secret HQ, Finn realizes she may have a chance to confront her father. But when a highly sophisticated company AI morphs into a killing machine, the trip descends into chaos. Trapped inside shape-shifting walls, Finn and her friends are at the mercy of an all-seeing intelligence that will destroy everything to get to her.
With no hope of help, Finn’s dream-memories may be the only chance of survival. But will she remember in time to save her own life and the lives of those around her?
**Thank you so much to Wunderkind PR for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Infinity Lost was an extremely original young adult dystopian novel. The story follows Finn, who is the daughter of Blackstone Technologies' CEO. Blackstone Technologies basically creates every piece of technology that the world uses, so everyone knows about the company. However, nobody has ever seen the man behind it all, even Finn, his daughter. So after telling her roommate to hack into Blackstone, Finn's class gets to take a trip to Blackstone Technologies. They're the first class to ever get to go and visit, which is pretty cool. Finn just hopes she can finally see her father.

I absolutely loved Finn as a character. I felt really bad for her because of how little she actually knew about her father, considering she had never met him. The flashbacks to Finn's past made me feel especially said about her situation. It must have been very hard to grow up without any family whatsoever. I mean, the poor girl basically only grew up with a nanny in an extremely huge house. She didn't even go to school because she was homeschooled. The only other kid she knew that was her age was the stable boy's son. Her life was definitely not ordinary.

I really liked the world, too. For some reason I'm always fascinated by a world which has become overrun by technology, mainly because I think that it could totally happen, which makes the story all the more scarier and frightening. 

After finishing this book, I was quite happy to find that it's book one in a trilogy. I know for sure that I'll be keeping an eye out for book two when it's released, because I can't wait to read it!


2 comments:

  1. Dystopian has always been one of my favorite genre.. This one sounds totally intriguing! Great Review Krystianna! :) <3

    P.S I have a Giveaway on my blog.. I hope you can give it sometime to join! :)

    Donita @ My Random Book Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really great read and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! The premise sounds really unique and definitely like something I'd enjoy. Finn seems to have all the makings of a fantastic character! I think this one will have to go on my list for next year's Dystopia Challenge!!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!