Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Book Review: Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn

24804505Title: Forget Tomorrow
Author: Pintip Dunn
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: November 3, 2015
Genre: Science Fiction
Source: Netgalley
Edition: eARC

Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided...by your future self.
It's Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she's eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they're meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.
Or in Callie's case, a criminal.
In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo―a hellish prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn’t spoken to in five years, she escapes.
But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all—Callie, herself.

**Thank you to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review!**

If you can't tell already by my blog title, I'm obsessed with anything science fiction. Since Forget Tomorrow fell in that category, I had a strong feeling that I'd love the story before I even had the chance to read it. 

Forget Tomorrow takes place in a world where at the age of seventeen, everyone receives a memory from their future selves. This memory always comes true and is an exact representation of what's to come. It could show any moment of your life, really. You never know what your future self is going to send you. Some people see themselves in their careers, while others see themselves killing someone else, which means that now they're branded as a criminal. This is what happens to the main character, Callie. Her memory shows her killing her sister, so she's taken away and is imprisoned because of her future criminal ways. In addition to all of this, Callie's sister is actually a psychic, which is pretty much prohibited in this society. If someone has psychic abilities and they're caught, then they're taken away to be tested on. 

I really liked Callie as a character. She was completely headstrong and was very much a leader. She worked hard to fight for what she believed in, which is a trait that I love in protagonists. However, I think that Logan was definitely my favorite character. He was Callie's best friend in the past, though after his brother was taken away for using psychic powers, he stopped talking to her and she never knew why. I found him to be a very sweet guy and I loved how he was always looking out for Callie even when she didn't know it. 

I think my favorite thing about this story was the world that it took place in. I absolutely loved it because it was so unique. I was pretty devastated at the ending, though after looking the book up on Goodreads I found that it's actually the first book in the series! While I wait for the sequel to come out, I highly suggest that YOU give the book a read!


2 comments:

  1. It's true - Forget Tomorrow is the first in a planned trilogy. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a book I'll be reading soon. :) Thanks for the review!

    anna | http://www.the-impossible.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!