Sunday, November 29, 2015

Book Review: Ascendancy by Karri Thompson

27396930Title: Ascendancy
Author: Karri Thompson
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: November 30, 2015
Genre: Dystopian
Source: Publisher for Review
Edition: eARC

I’ve been lied to, deceived, and manipulated—again. You’d think I’d be treated with dignity and respect. I’m the one who’s supposed to save humanity, right? I’m the one with the power to re-populate this dying world. But the clones want to control me, force me to give birth over and over again. And my daughters will face the same fate—unless I change it.

My awakening into this future should have been a chance for a new life, but it just promises a living death. With Michael on my side, though, maybe I can save us. He’s the only person I can trust.

I hear rumors of others… A secret society is growing. Tension is building.

A rebellion is imminent.

**Thank you so much to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review!**

Ascendancy was an absolute whirlwind of a novel. The book follows Cassie, who has had three kids-a set of twins and a daughter named Victoria. It starts off with her traveling to Tasma, which is Tasmania. She's traveling with Victoria and her boyfriend, Michael. The three of them have been living unbanded and think that Tasma would be a better place to continue the Van Winkle project themselves where they are in control.

I seriously felt so bad for Cassie through a lot of this! She has a set of twins with Michael that she has never even seen before. She kept getting told that she'd be able to see her daughters though it kept getting postponed, which was extremely fishy. However, I did like that Cassie was from the 21st century. She was so dorky when she saw a telephone, I found it absolutely hilarious! Michael, being from the future time that they're in, didn't get why she was so happy about it. That was definitely one of my favorite parts. 

I don't know how she is such a badass with a child though. It's pretty awesome to witness. She's extremely strong-willed and will do anything to protect her family. Because of that, she's an extremely respectful character.  

It's extremely crazy to think that she, along with her daughters now, are the only fertile women on the planet. The future literally lies in their hands. Cassie had so much riding on her!

In the end, Ascendancy was a pretty awesome sequel. I highly suggest checking out Mirror X and Ascendancy if you have the chance to do so!


1 comment:

  1. Wowsers, they want her to re-populate the Earth, eek! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!