Monday, November 2, 2015

Bloggerthon | Interview with Elizabeth!

Picture
Image Source: Bemused Bookworm

Hey guys! Today I'm part of the Bloggerthon, brought to you by Bemused Bookworm. I have an awesome interview for you guys to read with Elizabeth, of Book Yabber.

1. What's your favorite thing about being a book blogger?
My favorite thing about being a book blogger is spreading my love of books. When I receive a comment on a book review from a reader who is now going to pick this book up because of what I had to say about it. It's a great feeling to know that I helped this reader find that particular book.

2. Do you have any advice for people who want to get into book blogging?
My advice for beginning bloggers is to be honest and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Blogging should be a fun experience. Not all books are going to be for you, and it's OK not to love a book - be honest in your review and list what you didn't like, because others will read those reasons, and that might be something they enjoy leading them to pick up the book. Just have fun with it! 

3. What made you want to blog in the first place?
I grew up the only reader in my family, so I never had anyone to talk to about books. I created my blog so I could change that. 

4. Who's your favorite book character?
Severus Snape because he is perfection. Hands down.

5. What's your favorite book of all time?
Gah! This question is hard to answer. The Martian by Andy Weir. It's an adult book, but it blew my mind. I'm an astronomy nerd, so when a scientifically-correct, realistic space exploration book appeared on the scene, you could bet I was all over that.

6. Though book to movie adaptations aren't always amazing, what's your favorite?
The Martian by Andy Weir. LOL. This was my answer to number five, but the movie was true to the book, save for a few catastrophes and slight switches due to dramatic effect. 

7. Do you like to snack when you read books? If yes, what do you snack on? 
I don't snack for fear of eternally trapping crumbs within the pages of my books. However, I love to drink hot beverages while reading. My favorites are tea (mostly black - English Breakfast Tea is my favorite) and hot chocolate. Sometimes hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps ;-) 

8. Are you a bookmark or dog ear person?
Bookmarks all the way. Dog eared pages make me cringe. I'll use a bookmark, or anything that's within arms reach.

9. Who are some bloggers that you look up to?
Nicole at http://www.nicolesnovelreads.blogspot.com - Her original features are incredible and so creative. She has one where she will match a tea blend with a book and she has another where she'll discover cover design and topography. Such creative posts that I love so much! Cassi at http://mythoughtsliterally.blogspot.com - Cassi writes the most honest and thorough reviews. I wish I could turn out as thorough of a review as she does. They're both great bloggers and I highly suggest checking them out! 

10. Besides reading, what are your other hobbies?
I love to play video games. My current obsession is World of Warcraft (For the Horde!). I've been knitting for almost a year now. I love being able to create garments that people will actually get significant use out of. I love to listen to music, granted I have very weird tastes in music. Weird in that, I don't like modern music. I have three favorite bands. . .and they're all I listen to. I'm not exaggerating. I've given up on modern music and the only artists that grace my speakers are Pink Floyd, The Beatles, and Nirvana. I enjoy both hockey and football, so I spend a decent amount of time watching Bruins and Patriots games. And when I'm not doing those or reading, I'm spending time with my one month old nephew, defending my title as best aunt ever. LOL. 

Thanks so much for letting me interview you, Elizabeth! 

If you want to check out more of the fun, be sure to visit Bemused Bookworm!

5 comments:

  1. Great to meet you. I enjoy hot beverages while reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps. Thanks for the blogger suggestions. I am always looking for new bloggers to follow. Great Interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to add that I also work to defend my title as best auntie ever! I'm right there with you.

      Delete
  3. I like Snape too. He has some funny and sarcastic moments. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, I totally don't snack over books either just in case!! I hate reading books with crumbs in them, this is why Kindles are great!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!