Thursday, October 8, 2015

Book Review: The Storm by Virginia Bergin

25835474Title: The Storm
Author: Virginia Bergin
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: October 6, 2015
Genre: Dystopian
Source: Publisher for Review
Edition: ARC

DEADLY TO THE LAST DROP .

Ninety-seven percent of the population is dead. And the killer rain keeps falling. Ruby’s not sure she can make it on her own much longer. So when a chance encounter leads her to a camp with the last boy she may ever kiss (it’s not easy to date during an apocalypse), Ruby gratefully accepts the army’s protection.
But safety comes with a price: If Ruby wants to stay, she must keep her eyes—and her mouth—shut.

Except Ruby stumbles across a secret she can’t possibly keep. Horrified, she flips out and fights back—only to make the most shocking discovery of all…


**Thank you to Sourcebooks Fire for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

The Storm was even better than H2O, and I did not think that was possible. Once again, I was completely horrified and terrified of the rain. However, it was not raining and thundering this time when I read Bergin's novel!

I absolutely loved Darius in this novel. His relationship with Ruby was great. I liked Darius from the second that I met him in the first book, so I loved the moments that involved him. One of my favorite things about this book was that something came to light that I did not see coming. A lot of times, I can kind of feel out where a book is going to go, and that greatly takes some of my enjoyment out of it. Luckily, that was not the case with this book! We found out something pretty cool about Ruby, which I loved.

Ruby's humor also shed through in this book, especially in the beginning. She's in a library and reads tons of books and gives little mini reviews based on their helpfulness, and I was laughing while reading that section! It was also pretty cool that she did research on clouds, which would be pretty darn helpful in a world where rain is killer.

The ending was a bit much because I still have some questions, though at the same time I thought the ending was good. If there's another book to be written in this series in the future, I'd definitely read it. It's definitely a series worth checking out!


About the author:
Virginia Bergin works as a writer for TV, eLearning, and corporate projects. Most recently, she has been working in online education, creating interactive courses for The Open University. She lives in Bristol, England.

Places to Find Virginia Bergin:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. I thought about not reading your review since I haven't read H2O yet (I know, I know, why?!), but I had to! This sounds amazing...I'm going to need to pick up a copy of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to enjoy the sequel of this book! I am still unsure if I am going to be reading this series but it is so good to be able to see someone else enjoying it. And when a book doesn't fall to second book syndrome it definitely gives me a lift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I love when books have characters who are bookworms! :)
    BTW I nomintaed you for The Encouraging Thunder Award, you can check it out @ my blog
    HERE

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!