Friday, September 25, 2015

Book Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Title: Throne of Glass
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's
Release Date: August 7, 2012
Genre: Fantasy
Source: Purchased
Edition: Paperback (404 pages)

In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien.

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.

Since I assume that almost everybody knows that this book is about by now, I decided I'd just skip my version of the summary and go straight into the juicy stuff: my thoughts about this badass book.

First of all, I can't believe that I waited this long to read this book. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it honestly, so I don't know what was keeping me from reading it! I think it may have been the size, plus sometimes I don't always agree with hype. I did, however, in this case.

I absolutely loved Celaena. She was so hardcore and badass. Plus, she was an assassin! I've never read a book about assassins, so that's yet another reason why I loved this book. As far as the guys go, I'm definitely team Dorian. He was a book reader and he was always so kind. I just ship Calaena and Dorian so hard!

Even though this book was so big, I flew right through it. I have to say, I've even been partly putting off reading it because of its size. I always saw it on my shelf, and I'd tell myself that I'd read it some other time when I had more time to read. I wish I hadn't done that!

I can't wait to read the next book. I've heard that the series just keeps getting better, so I'm excited!


7 comments:

  1. Sadly, I ended up not liking the Throne of Glass series. I know, I know. But I promise there are a few of us out there lurking in the shadows lol. I'm happy you liked it, though. I don't see too many people ship Celaena and Dorian. I personally loved Chaol. BUT! Not as much as Sam after reading The Assassin's Blade. It's such a weird thing, because I LOVED The Assassin's Blade, but, for some reason, can't get into the rest of the series.

    Sarah @ The Reading Petal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen this around people saying everyone is team Chaol but I can't find my like minded peeps! All the people I know ship Dorian not Chaol. Please advise where these people are lol Also yes I did love Sam. I'm sorry you didn't like Throne of Glass though.

      Delete
  2. OMG yes! The series does keep getting better. Glad you're enjoying them but I will advise with the size being intimidating that they get longer each book. But you're happy so you have more to love and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD! It's good to know that there are more people like me; behind with this TOG series! I haven't even read the first book, to be quite honest, but I am still dying for it! I think that I'll probably end up like you, wondering why the heck I waited soooo long to read it!

    Thanks for this little BUT great review!

    ~L. @ Reading Against Time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaas! I am so glad you loved this as well. I read it like 2 months ago, and made it all the way to book 4 already. I hope you love the rest of the series as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I'm so glad you loved it too!! I read this a while ago and since then have been rereading the series waiting for my copy of Queen of Shadows to come! I hope you like the rest of the series! I have to admit, I'm team Dorian too although with what I've heard about Queen of Shadows, I'm not sure anymore... we shall see!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a lot of people really do love this book but I have yet to try it out for myself! I hope to do so very soon though. I love the sound of this assassin and the competition.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!