Monday, September 14, 2015

Book Review: Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru by Tera Lynn Childs

26101040Title: Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Release Date: September 14, 2015
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Publisher for Review
Edition: eARC

When life gives you a blank canvas, you make art.
Sloane Whitaker hates everything about moving to Texas. She hates leaving behind her friends and half her family in New York, starting over senior year at Austin's NextGen Academy, and having to say she lives in Texas. Most of all, she hates that it's all her fault. If she wants to earn her way back to the Big Apple, she has to prove she can still be the perfect daughter.
Which means no vandalism art, no trouble at school, and absolutely no Tru Dorsey, her serial screw-up neighbor, who loves nothing more than pushing her buttons.
But from the moment he vaults onto the roof outside her bedroom, there is something about him that makes her want to break every rule. Suddenly it's not the ten things she hates about Tru that are at the top of her list. It's the ten reasons she doesn't want to be without him. 

**Thank you to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru is a wonderful story. If the title doesn't draw you in, the plot line and characters definitely will. Basically, Sloane has moved to Austin, Texas after something big happened with her in NYC. She had to switch out of her art school there to go to NextGen Academy in Austin. Of course, she absolutely hates this. Texas is no New York City. She even has a next door neighbor named Tru who will be going to her school, and she knows that he's trouble. However, as time goes on, her perceptions on the Tru seem to change. Was it worth giving up NYC?

Sloane was a great character. I absolutely loved how artsy she was, and I really liked that she was a huge fan of Graphic Design. I myself greatly enjoy graphic design, and I'm even taking some graphic design classes at my high school, so I found her to be pretty relatable. There's just something about artsy folk and artsy schools that really gain my attention.  

Tru never failed to make me laugh. He was a funny guy and I love how all the teachers at school really liked him. It was funny because Sloane was expecting the exact opposite. I also love how he treated Sloane. 

Some parts of this story seemed a little to middle school-ish, which if you read the story you'll see what I mean. I felt like the story was wrapped up rather fastly at the end though too, though I was still left with questions. However, I did notice that this story is part of a series, so hopefully we will see what happens in the next book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!