Saturday, September 12, 2015

Book Review: Finding Perfect by Kendra C. Highley

25877185Title: Finding Perfect
Author: Kendra C. Highley
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Release Date: September 14, 2015
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Publisher for Review
Edition: eARC

How far will you go for perfection?For "Perfect Paige" Westfield, today is "D" Day. As in, she just got one on her calculus test. With her dreams of Stanford, her reputation, and her parents' expectations at stake, Paige needs to find a way to save face before everything she's worked for goes up in flames.
Ben Franklin (yes, he's related) is from the wrong side of town, with the wrong clothes and the wrong kind of life. He also knows an opportunity when he sees one, and he'll be happy to tutor Paige-if she makes him into the kind of guy her best friend, the hottest girl in school, will date.
It's the perfect arrangement. And Paige is determined not even the inconvenient-and utterly imperfect-attraction simmering between her and Ben will ruin it...

**Thanks to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I'm a huge contemporary fan, so of course I absolutely adored Finding Perfect. The story follows Paige Westfield, who is super smart and popular. She's fourth in the class, though she's currently failing AP Calculus with a D and she doesn't know how to get any better at it. After going to the bathroom to cry her heart out, she runs into Ben Franklin, who's third in the class and offers to help her out. The only catch is that he wants Paige to set him up with her best friend, Zoey. In the end, Paige agrees. However, as time goes on, Paige starts to catch feelings for Ben. 

I loved the romance in Finding Perfect. It was absolutely perfect! Ben was definitely my favorite character, because for some reason my favorite character is always the male love interest. Anyways, Ben was extremely sincere and sweet for the entire story, which I absolutely loved about him. He tried so hard to impress other people though, because he felt that he wasn't good enough, though he obviously was. 

Zoey was a wonderful best friend for Paige. She was always there for Paige and I loved how she felt towards Ben. Zoey was also the kind of girl who didn't overload herself her senior year, unlike Paige. She was a little more easygoing.

I absolutely abhorred Paige's mother! She was so rude all the time and really forced Paige into doing things that she didn't want to do, which I hated. She was a bit too controlling for me. I did like Paige's father though; he was a little bit more understanding which I could accept. 

Finding Perfect was an extremely cute contemporary that I flew right through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!