Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Blog Tour | Like It Never Happened & Playlist!




Like It Never Happened
by Emily Adrian
Publisher: Dial Books
Release Date: June 2nd 2015
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction, High School, Chick Lit, Theatre, Fiction

Stereotypes, sexuality, and destructive rumors collide in this smart YA novel for fans of Sara Zarr’s Story of a Girl, Siobhan Vivian’s The List, and E. Lockhart’s The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.
When Rebecca Rivers lands the lead in her school’s production of The Crucible, she gets to change roles in real life, too. She casts off her old reputation, grows close with her four rowdy cast-mates, and kisses the extremely handsome Charlie Lamb onstage. Even Mr. McFadden, the play’s critical director, can find no fault with Rebecca.
Though “The Essential Five” vow never to date each other, Rebecca can’t help her feelings for Charlie, leaving her both conflicted and lovestruck. But the on and off-stage drama of the cast is eclipsed by a life-altering accusation that threatens to destroy everything…even if some of it is just make believe.


I've always been a huge fan of theater, ever since I did the play "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" as a young kid. There's just something about theater that's so much fun, and the people who do theater are just loads of fun to be around. They aren't scared of being who they are. I think that's a big part of why I liked this book so much.

Basically, there's this group called "The Essential Five" because they are always cast as the five leads in Mr. McFadden's school plays, ever since their freshmen year. They vow one day to never date each other, because they think that would ruin everything for them, especially since they act so well together. However, they realize that sometimes there will be cases where they will have to be intimate and kiss during plays and such. 

This summer, Charlie and Rebecca are both going away to help at a theater camp, though this could spell trouble because Rebecca has a huge crush on Charlie. They also had to kiss in a play a while back and Rebecca liked it very much. It's unclear for a while if Charlie feels the same way. 

This book was very fun to read! I'm a big fan of day camps in books, ever since Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom, so this one yet again hit a soft spot in my heart. I also loved the large cast of characters, especially Rebecca and Charlie. I even liked Mr. McFadden; he was a funny guy, especially about his car in the very beginning! Like It Never Happened was such a quick read as well, because it just kept me hooked since I loved all of the characters so much. 

I definitely can't wait to read more by Emily Adrian in the future!



Since this book is so fun, I thought that I'd make a playlist of fun songs that remind me of the book and theater in general! If I was more tech savvy, I'd know how to make an actual playlist. Instead, I made a list of songs that I'm sure most of you all know!

Young and Beautiful by Lana del Rey
You Are In Love by Taylor Swift
We Are Young by Fun. 
The Walker by Fitz and the Tantrums (This one just reminds me of theater folk for some reason, because it's just so original)
Somewhere Only We Know (The Glee version, because I prefer it!)
On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons (Reminds me of how I'd feel if I scored the lead in the play)
Cool Kids by Echosmith (I personally find theater kids to be the coolest)
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


Follow the Like It Never Happened by Emily Adrian Blog Tour and don't miss anything! Click on the banner to see the tour schedule.



Emily Adrian was born in 1989 in the suburbs of Portland, Oregon. After graduating from Portland State University, she moved to Toronto, Ontario, where she worked as a receptionist while secretly writing books.
Emily currently lives in Toronto with her husband and their dog named Hank. Like It Never Happened is her debut novel.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great read. And that playlist is quite awesome.

    I am not sure if you like to participate in tags, but I just nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
    http://bogdanathebooknerd.blogspot.com/2015/09/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this book is just about its cover but but but . . . this is awesomesauce! I hope to read it soon. I heard good thoughts of this book. Great review love! <3

    Yani @ www.paperboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!