Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Momentous Month | July 2015


Holy cow. I can't believe that it's already August now. Where has the time gone? It seems like 2015 just started and now it's almost over! It scares me a little because I start my senior year of high school this month, which is crazy!

I did pretty well on the reading front this month, considering I had a few camps such as jump rope (where I coach young girls) and field hockey camp that I went to since field hockey starts up soon at school. I've managed to read 92 books so far this year, which is insane. I've never read this many books by this time of the year! It looks like I'll break 100 this month, which is pretty awesome.

Books Read
Sugar by Deirdre Riordan Hall ★★★★☆
Storm Siren by Mary Weber ★★★★☆
Landline by Rainbow Rowell ★★★★★
Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom ★★★★★
You and Me and Him by Kris Dinnison ★★★★★
Another Kind of Hurricane by Tamara Ellis Smith ★★★★☆
No Such Person by Caroline B. Cooney ★★★☆☆
They're Not Like Us Volume 1 by Eric Stephenson ★★★★☆
Anya and the Shy Guy by Suze Winegardner ★★★★★
Naked by Stacey Trombley ★★★★☆
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma ★★★★☆
Crank by Ellen Hopkins ★★★★★
Siren's Fury by Mary Weber ★★★★☆
Stone Rider by David Hofmeyr ★★★★☆
The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler ★★★★☆
Armada by Ernest Cline ★★★★★
All We Have is Now by Lisa Schroeder ★★★★☆
In the Beginning There Was Us by Ingrid Jonach ★★★★☆

Reviews Posted
Bomb by Sarah Mussi
Storm Siren by Mary Weber
Adventure Abroad Series by Jen McConnel
Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
Sugar by Deirdre Riordan Hall
You and Me and Him by Kris Dinnison
Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom
Another Kind of Hurricane by Tamara Ellis Smith
Anya and the Shy Guy by Suze Winegardner
No Such Person by Caroline B. Cooney
Naked by Stacey Trombley
They're Not Like Us by Eric Stephenson
Stone Rider by David Hofmeyr
The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
Armada by Ernest Cline
Siren's Fury by Mary Weber
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
All We Have is Now by Lisa Schroeder

August TBR
I'm actually participating in ARC August, so all of my books are going to be ARCs that I have to catch up on or am reading ahead! 

Favorite Book of July 2015
16278318

Favorites in Each Genre
Contemporary | Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom
Science Fiction | Armada by Ernest Cline
Fantasy | Storm Siren by Mary Weber
Paranormal | The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
Graphic Novel | They're Not Like Us Volume 1 by Eric Stephenson

Favorite Cover of the Month
23361053

Favorite Characters of the Month
Boy | Zack Lightman from Armada by Ernest Cline
Girl | Eva from Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom

Favorite Setting of the Month
The world from Armada by Ernest Cline!

17 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great month! I hope you can continue to get some reading done during school! I I feel so old since my senior year was three years ago. I'll have to check out some of these books you've mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up Armada! I'm very curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done great this month! SO many books read and reviewed! I need to check your review for Armada because I'm getting curious about it, even if originally I wasn't drawn to the book.
    And YAY for ARC August! Let's kick those ARCs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got a lot done! I keep seeing more and more people doing ARC August. Huzzah! Have a great senior year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous month! A few of these are on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the cover to Don't Ever Change too - it's so creative!! Sounds like you've had a fun summer so far. Jump rope camp sounds awesome!!!

    I'm hosting a link-up for our monthly wrap-up posts, so check it out if you're interested!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great month! I am also doing ARC August and hope to get through a bunch and get ahead- Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great reading month. Good luck with all your ARCs this month and I hope your senior year is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could read that many! So awesome. How was Armada? As good as Ready Player One? Good luck with your ARCs this month, and thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 92 books, awesome! Looks like July was a great reading month, I've seen Armada around but now I know I'll have to check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had an awesome month! My sister starts her senior year too best of luck on your senior year. I'm participating in ARC August too, I look forward to reading about your progress.

    Happy Reading!

    Tina @ Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOSH senior year!! Whooop! :D That's awesome! I know sometimes it gets scary getting so close to the end of high school, but have fun! Ooo you read lots of great stuff in July---I loved Storm Siren and Walls Around Us, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great month! Also I'm surprised to see that you LOVED Don't Ever Change! I must go back to that review and read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a great month. I really want to read Armada. I loved Ready Player One.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah you are doing so well with your books read this year! Looks like a great productive month, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Armada. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!