Today I have an interview with Jess of Jess Kidding Books to share with you!
My name is Jessica, and I'm 26, and I love books. I have been reading since I was 3 and haven't stopped since. I'll pretty much read anything. I'm also all about the humor and the jokes, so I try to keep things as light hearted as possible. I'm married to the perfect husband for me, and if you need proof, he has allowed me to turn two rooms in our home into libraries. :)
Now, onto the questions!
1. Hardcover or paperback?
To read, paperback, to have on my shelves, hardcover.
2. Book or e-copy?
I read ebooks faster, but I often order the physical copy too.
3. Library or book store?
4. New books or used books?
5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be?
The comic relief.
6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
Yes, and Emma Stone.
7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
Fantasy. So much excitement, politics, magic. Yes!
8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
I would love to say J.K. Rowling, but honestly, there is a 100% chance that I would clam up and not be able to say anything. So I’ll go with Morgan Rhodes. I am mildly obsessed with Falling Kingdoms, and I’ve heard she is absolutely wonderful.
9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
“I swear, I’m just kidding.”
11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?
5-7, and they’re the Harry Potter books, and absolutely.
12. Besides reading, what are some of your other favorite hobbies?
I love cooking and baking, sewing, bowling, and playing The Sims.
13. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation?
The Hunger Games. Hands down, there is no better adaptation to me.
14. What's your favorite book cover color?
I just looked at my favorites shelves, and the answer is apparently black…but I’d say I’m most drawn to red covers.
15. How do you organize your books on your bookshelf?
Kind of all over the place. I have set “favorites” which are the most visable shelves, and then by theme. I have an alien section, vampires, dystopian, classics, adult, biographies, etc.
16. What's your favorite genre of music? Your favorite bands?
I’m all over the place with this too. My favorite band is Bowling for Soup, but I love country music, Seether, Fall Out Boy…it goes on and on.
17. What are some of your favorite bloggers or booktubers?
BookTube: Samantha from Thoughts on Tomes, Lainey from GingerReadsLainey, Jamie fromErmahgerdBerks, Kat from Katytastic, and Reagan from the Peruse Project.
Bloggers: Obviously Krystianna from Downright Dystopian J, Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish, and Becca at Pivot Book Reviews.
18. What's your least favorite genre and why?
All books, probably Adult Romance, I don’t read it ever. Then Adult Sci-Fi. Within YA, it’scontemporary, although Morgan Matson is recently making me reconsider this, but I just feel like most contemporary reads the exact same.
19. Who's your favorite author?
I can’t pick one, but I have a few, obviously J.K.Rowling, Meg Cabot, and Morgan Rhodes. But I’d fangirl over most of them.
20. Do you like to listen to music or snack on food while you read, or do you like it really quiet?
Sometimes music, but mostly quiet. If I’m listening to music and it doesn’t match up right it messes with my head.
21. How many books do you usually read at a time?
Usually 2, one ebook and one physical book at a time.
22. If you were allowed to have a party and you could invite any three book characters, which three book characters would you invite and why?
Peeta because we would need cake.
Magnus Damora so that I have a dance partner.
America Singer to play music.
Boom, best party ever.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of the questions, Jess!
Find Jess on: